Sponsored

Warning check your door and door sill -- drivers side door hitting frame as it closes

Juventus

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Warning check your door sill and door. I have a 2023 Ford Bronco 2 door. The drivers side door is hitting the frame as it closes. It came from the factory like this. The paint is coming off the door and the frame of the car. Eventually this will cause rusting. Took to my dealer they tried to fix it now to another dealer hopefully they can get it right. I think it's more of an issue with 2 doors because the door is longer. Also never taken doors off. Anyone else having this issue or what they did to fix it.

IMG20230822133101.jpg

IMG20230822133203.jpg

IMG20230822133210.jpg

IMG20230821142939.jpg
Sponsored

MotoFish

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, that sucks. Our HPR 4 door did the same thing. I got a paint touch up kit and fixed it. It came from factory like that. At least I assume it did. Fixed it a week after owning. Said it before Ill say it again: the paint on newer vehicles is not as durable as it should be.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2022 2 door without this issue. My guess, the door/hinges needs adjusting.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems pretty common. I keep checking mine to see if the clearance changes.

OP
OP
Juventus

Juventus

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@BigHoof does the door need to adjusted you said it's pretty common? Thanks for your help.

Sponsored

Nickhick

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 xtr, vw passat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Warning check your door sill and door. I have a 2023 Ford Bronco 2 door. The drivers side door is hitting the frame as it closes. It came from the factory like this. The paint is coming off the door and the frame of the car. Eventually this will cause rusting. Took to my dealer they tried to fix it now to another dealer hopefully they can get it right. I think it's more of an issue with 2 doors because the door is longer. Also never taken doors off. Anyone else having this issue or what they did to fix it.

Ford Bronco Warning check your door and door sill -- drivers side door hitting frame as it closes IMG20230821142939

Ford Bronco Warning check your door and door sill -- drivers side door hitting frame as it closes IMG20230821142939

Yea that sucks but aren't the doors aluminum?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BigHoof does the door need to adjusted you said it's pretty common? Thanks for your help.
I believe so. There are several threads about the issue. Have not experienced it yet.

Does anyone ever lean on the doors when open? Just trying to imagine how they would start to sag after a time.

OP
OP
Juventus

Juventus

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe so. There are several threads about the issue. Have not experienced it yet.

Does anyone ever lean on the doors when open? Just trying to imagine how they would start to sag after a time.
Do you have the threads couldn't find anything. No never lean on them it came day one from the factory like this. Dealer fixed it but issue came back.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well shit... Good thing we have a 2 door HPR...

Gambitl7

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here is it all the colors or just HPR? I have a 4 door and it’s just on the rear doors. Dealer said to make an appointment to get it fixed. Haven’t yet but will as soon as I can. I could fix it but I kinda want to test out how they deal with the warranty issues.

Sponsored

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, this is pretty common. I've even posted about it happening to me, and having to adjust my doors to accomodate for it. Just clean the area and dab some touchup paint on it. The door is aluminum, so it shouldnt rust, but I know paint can still bubble.

I was waiting on my GF's car on an oil change this weekend and walked over to the Ford dealer to scope out their Bronco's. So many door panels out of alignment, its insane. I did my good deed by pointing out alignment issues and paint chipping to those who were looking at some of them. Made sure they knew that they can be corrected before signing their name on the dotted line.

Burro5000

Base
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B4000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine did this exact thing as well as hitting the rockers all along the door edge. My dealer's body shop was so bad it took them 6 months to completely ruin the paint on the doors and hardware that the dealer finally paid to have another shop clean it up.

I think the second shop made minor adjustments to the door to get the reveals right and then adjusted the rocker panel away. It's been over 3 months and no issues.

Mine started showing paint damage initially after driving it like 4 times.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A common issue, the dealer will send to a body shop to fix under warranty. Mine did this when new, got it back in a couple of days, no issues since. The key is to get it reported when the Bronco is new, 6 months or a year later they will push back on fixing it.

OP
OP
Juventus

Juventus

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, this is pretty common. I've even posted about it happening to me, and having to adjust my doors to accomodate for it. Just clean the area and dab some touchup paint on it. The door is aluminum, so it shouldnt rust, but I know paint can still bubble.

I was waiting on my GF's car on an oil change this weekend and walked over to the Ford dealer to scope out their Bronco's. So many door panels out of alignment, its insane. I did my good deed by pointing out alignment issues and paint chipping to those who were looking at some of them. Made sure they knew that they can be corrected before signing their name on the dotted line.
How are the doors adjusted to fix this @soldier989 ?
Sponsored