Sponsored

Door sill protectors for a 2-Door HERITAGE - recommendations?

OP
OP
kellyweiss

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Tufskinz on Etsy will customize text on some for you. Couldn't find any that fit my requirements as much as the grip tape style did: overall length and width, replaceability, thinness to avoid door seal deformation.

20230918_185246.jpg
Chrome, thank you !! Impressive qualities: ". . . overall length and width, replaceability, thinness to avoid door seal deformation." I just went to the website; thank you "for the direction." Impressive:
https://www.tufskinz.com/products/c...2&_sid=f996b8434&_ss=r&variant=39662606712928
Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The ford ones don’t protect the rolled over edge like all the others do. They are pretty though.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
kellyweiss

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The ford ones don’t protect the rolled over edge like all the others do. They are pretty though.
Thank you Bob: Very good point / AND I AGREE: The FORD sill protectors DO NOT roll over the edge and that indeed is . . . . unfortunate. I also agree: The FORD sill protectors sure do look pretty . . . . BUT, I'm thinkin PRETTY, JUST DONT WORK for me. So, I'm going to apply the same wisdom my Dad told me long ago . . . . about, pretty:

Ford Bronco Door sill protectors for a 2-Door HERITAGE - recommendations? Just because she looks right in those jeans doesn't mean she'll fit right in your life

Last edited:

feeble

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1977 Cobra II Monroe Handler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another vote for the Beegrow’s. Looks like a factory installation.

Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was looking at these BLACK PLATINUM DOOR SILL PLATES. . . . I also saw that FORD offers the polished STAINLESS STEEL SILL PLATES. Then I started wondering: How easy are they to scratch ?? If you brush your shoe/sneaker tread across the metal sill plate, will it easily scratch ?? Question please: How long have you had these BLACK PLATINUM Door Sill Plates; and, ANY SCRATCHES ?? / Thank you !!
[/QUOTE]

Yes they can scratch and you can also scratch the paint on your sill because they don't cover the leading edge (like some of the tape ones do) which can easily get kicked or scraped. Look at the post by Chrome_Pony

Lej512

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So many DOOR SILL protectors to choose from, I'm hoping to get the B6G consensus of opinion on what is the best and most durable DOOR SILL PROTECTOR to purchase. Any and all input, appreciated.
I love the Weathertech stuff. Just installed my door sills about an hour ago. YouTube for an install video. Great tips and makes the procedure very easy.

OP
OP
kellyweiss

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
20230918_185246.jpg

[/QUOTE]
Tufskinz on Etsy will customize text on some for you. Couldn't find any that fit my requirements as much as the grip tape style did: overall length and width, replaceability, thinness to avoid door seal deformation.

20230918_185246.jpg
Hey Chrome, as I consider and deliberate more and more, I am liking your recommendation. And I definitely like the ability to add Custom Text; specifically, smidgens of Latin. Just wondering, how did you get the Latin Font (or, what font did you use) - ???? - I just looked at my WORD DOC options and no Latin script there. I'm thinking "FORTES FORTUNA ADJUVAT" and "CARPE DIEM." / Would appreciate your further input.

Last edited:

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
20230918_185246.jpg

Hey Chrome, as I consider and deliberate more and more, I am liking your recommendation. And I definitely like the ability to add Custom Text; specifically, smidgens of Latin. Just wondering, how did you get the Latin Font (or, what font did you use) - ???? - I just looked at my WORD DOC options and no Latin script there. I'm thinking "FORTES FORTUNA ADJUVAT" and "CARPE DIEM." / Would appreciate your further input.
That's just the default font with SEMPER FEROX, Always Defiant, in Race Red on the Tufskinz Etsy store I linked, there's a 15 character limit which narrows down your choices a bit. You could also just order the trim badge like Badlands or Big Bend, some mountains or get them blank.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kellyweiss

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
OP
OP
kellyweiss

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Many thanks to all who provided input, suggestion and/or comment. Very much appreciated !! Decision made and I did as Chrome Pony did: Race Red - tufskinz.com. My Custom Text: "CARPE DIEM" Driver's side - Passenger side - "SAPERE AUDE."

Tufskinz DOOR SILL PLATE Protection.jpeg

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also ordered some from Tuffskinz on Etsy. They added a blue letters option for me.

Lej512

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm a firm believer in Weathertech products. Great fit and finish. Easy install. Check out YouTube videos for tips and tricks.

IMG_2623.png

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can get more options if you go to the tufskinz website instead of their etsy page.
Sponsored