David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m an aviation guy so I liked the Bad Bronco “no step” vinyl. Easy install and they still look great months later (no adhesion issues). They have other colors if this isn’t your scene but you like the concept (these match the cyber orange trim in my badlands perfectly)
Ford Bronco Door Sill Protection 7A1B6685-2549-476B-BE35-93B588E6A404
Sponsored

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would just install clear ppf on them. That’s what I did and I did that to customers broncos as well.
This is the way. The NOT A STEP thing is clever but just stands out too much for me.

I guess I just prefer to fly under the radar. I get protection on my sills and I feel like the clear film doesn't encourage people to use the area as a step.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the way. The NOT A STEP thing is clever but just stands out too much for me.

I guess I just prefer to fly under the radar. I get protection on my sills and I feel like the clear film doesn't encourage people to use the area as a step.
It's like telling people to not push a button... And then they do :ROFLMAO:

Fast Intentions Inc.

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Fast Intentions
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastintentions.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We offer a few standard options for Bronco and Bronco Raptor; but we also offer completely custom images.

Ford Bronco Door Sill Protection 6

Ford Bronco Door Sill Protection 7

Ford Bronco Door Sill Protection 11

Ford Bronco Door Sill Protection 10

Sponsored

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it would look GREAT on a gray bronco with some faux rivet decals and the Flying Tigers teeth

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's like telling people to not push a button... And then they do :ROFLMAO:
Haha you gotta get some better friends! They sound like a handful!

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@604Bronco I just added a reply to a similar post that you may find useful. I too was looking for something that wasn’t just a “sticker”, and found these nice looking plastic ones for $34. They were super easy to install, durable, protect the edge, and look great. There’s no interference with the door closing over it either.

Here’s my post where you can see my pics and the links to get them.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/door-sill-protection-full-edge.71981/post-1902435

Deleted member 49144

OP here are some pictures of these ones. I put a strip of some vinyl under them so that the adhesive is sticking on to the vinyl and not the car's paint itself. You don't have to do this, but I figured it would be easier for clean up in the future if I ever replace them.

You have a link for these? These are probably the best match I’ve seen. That’s really close

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Door sills by Havoc, great product made with function in mind. It gives complete protect, is made of flexible rubber, tucks up under kick panel trim plate, non-slip grip. I wanted a fully functioning sill that that protected and gripped, not for glamour and eye candy. I am completely satisfied with this product. And matches my step bar and interior trim.
Thanks for this @Grumpy. I installed a set today and really like the fit and function.

Ford Bronco Door Sill Protection 20231007_180327

GTTom

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

DougF

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if this is technically in interior mod or exterior, so let's go with interior.

When I had my Bronco's vinyl wrap done, I asked them to install some vinyl patches to help protect my paint if someone steps on the door ledge. It looks ok and does the trick, but I'm thinking there are some better options out there. I've seen various posts showing different ones, but looking for some reviews/pictures here. I'd also like to see some that have significant coverage, and not some short stubby ones (which is basically what I have now).

Questions:.
  • What do you have installed, and if you like them, why? (Please share a link to the product too, if you have one handy)

• Any issues with installing (i.e. - Poor adhesive) or any issues with the door(s) closing due to the thickness of them? I don't want something cheap, but figured something too thick wouldn't be a good option either.

• Lastly, if you've had them installed for a while, any issues of them rubbing and leaving marks (or scratches) on the bottom of your door?

Thanks very much!
I was in the same boat. I wasn’t impressed at all with the “sticker” type after buying some and seeing them in person. So I went with these:

https://www.amazon.com/DKMGHT-Guard...B6BQ2KVT&psc=1&ref_=pd_basp_bia_rpt_ba_s_1_sc

Same as other people have posted here. They’re Thicker rubber, they’re longer so they protect more of the door frame and they cover the edge (and don’t just lay on top). They were easy to install and, after 6 months, haven’t had any adhesion issues, rubbing or interference with the door. Plus the design makes it look like they belong there. It’s all personal. Good luck.
Sponsored