stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, so finally took my doors off today. I was aware that seat belts are supposed to be buckled before starting, so I did that.

Still got all the errors and alerts and it applied the parking brake (while in park). So after a few times of doing that routine and getting errors, I decided to try this:

Before shutting off the vehicle I applied the parking brake then shut it off. Next time I Buckled up and started engine. Only got the door electronics warning the next time.

But it's hard remembering to apply the parking brake before shutting down in an automatic transmission on level ground....!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so finally took my doors off today. I was aware that seat belts are supposed to be buckled before starting, so I did that.

Still got all the errors and alerts and it applied the parking brake (while in park). So after a few times of doing that routine and getting errors, I decided to try this:

Before shutting off the vehicle I applied the parking brake then shut it off. Next time I Buckled up and started engine. Only got the door electronics warning the next time.

But it's hard remembering to apply the parking brake before shutting down in an automatic transmission on level ground....!
Wish Ford would have put the door modules in the body somewhere. Seems taking doors off and not being able to communicate with door module is causing issues. Sometimes certain processes work, then the next time they don't.

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Took my doors off for the first time this week and it was awesome! Did get the random parking brake engagement someone mentioned. Also had the dash screaming at me to say that collision avoidance was disabled. Both of those only happened once.

Now though, doors are back on and I have two warning lights showing, ONLY when I'm in full accessory mode. looks like this:

Ford Bronco Doors off creating gremlins tempImage8V8mcP

I've unplugged and plugged back in all four door electrical connectors and even full disconnected the battery for 30 seconds. Still showing the battery and engine lights.

Not there when I start up and drive. Drives perfectly normal. Got me stumped.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Took my doors off for the first time this week and it was awesome! Did get the random parking brake engagement someone mentioned. Also had the dash screaming at me to say that collision avoidance was disabled. Both of those only happened once.

Now though, doors are back on and I have two warning lights showing, ONLY when I'm in full accessory mode. looks like this:

Ford Bronco Doors off creating gremlins tempImage8V8mcP

I've unplugged and plugged back in all four door electrical connectors and even full disconnected the battery for 30 seconds. Still showing the battery and engine lights.

Not there when I start up and drive. Drives perfectly normal. Got me stumped.
Hi there. This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you with this warning lights concern on my end.

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there. This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you with this warning lights concern on my end.
Thanks. VIN and dealer name just sent via DM

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same thing happened to me. It messed with the parking brake engagement which I thought was weird. I thought I could replicate it by putting the Bronco in R while not wearing a seatbelt thinking maybe it was some weird safety feature but it was inconsistent.

For me, the brake engages and an error for Hill Assist popped up. I'm in FL, there are no hills.
Same for me. Once my doors were off, I twice got the Hill Assist error on my FordPass, brake engaging, and also the auto turn off/on at red lights stopped working (which was nice). Now the doors are back on and no errors.

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

one of the things I noticed about mine with all 4 doors off is that If I don't press the brake hard, when starting, I get the parking brake engagement and the errors. The errors can be cleared by hitting OK on the steering wheel. If you start it, without your seatbelt on, then you get the transmission not in park message and it won't go anywhere. By pushing hard on the brake, when starting, the only msg I get is the one about the doors.

dukegsd13

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019-MustangPP2 2005-Superduty 2022-Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took mine off for the first time yesterday. All I must say is totally cool. Not sure I would go on the highway but freakin awesome.

Oh my god a ton of codes. Okay the first time wasn't too bad. It said the transmission is not in park. WTF is that?

Second time I got the ebrake and some doors sensor alarms and a bunch of others.

I don't see doing this too often but there must be a TSB coming soon this thread started in March. Ford must know that every buyer is going to try this. Right?

Randall

dukegsd13

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019-MustangPP2 2005-Superduty 2022-Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took mine off for the first time yesterday. All I must say is totally cool. Not sure I would go on the highway but freaky awesome.

Oh my god a ton of codes. Okay the first time wasn't too bad. It said the transmission is not in park. WTF is that?

Second time I got the ebrake and some doors sensor alarms and a bunch of others.

I don't see doing this too often but there must be a TSB coming soon this thread started in March. Ford must know that every buyer is going to try this. Right?

Randall
my apologies it is a sin to post the most awesome thing about this vehicle without pics. Sorry here I go……..

Ford Bronco Doors off creating gremlins 1D171AEC-44D2-4026-8E41-0044EDA48BD4
Ford Bronco Doors off creating gremlins 581EE3D0-0644-45FB-8AAB-E763438DC45E
Ford Bronco Doors off creating gremlins DE96755C-2D91-4C74-A972-951B90DFACB0

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right now with mine, doesn’t matter if the seat belts on or not. Some days it like to put a error or 2 up. Some days not. Just with the doors off or first restart with the doors on.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doors back off for a few days. Just funny how there's no consistency for the errors. Sometimes they go off with seatbelt fastened prior to starting and sometimes not. It has everything to do with the module placed in the door. Wish Ford made a plastic cover for the hinges that also had a module built in. You could plug into the door electronic plug telling it the doors are off and it's ok and don't throw alerts.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doors back off for a few days. Just funny how there's no consistency for the errors. Sometimes they go off with seatbelt fastened prior to starting and sometimes not. It has everything to do with the module placed in the door. Wish Ford made a plastic cover for the hinges that also had a module built in. You could plug into the door electronic plug telling it the doors are off and it's ok and don't throw alerts.
I figure someone should be working on it. Most would buy it. I know I would. Hell, add a side light in it operated by the window switch’s.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The DDM and PDM are, in fact located under the dash. Likely they just need software updated to deal w/doors being off.

Attachments

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The DDM and PDM are, in fact located under the dash. Likely they just need software updated to deal w/doors being off.
It would be nice to fix. I'll miss the Bronco singing to me with all the alerts going off when starting. 😂

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be nice to fix. I'll miss the Bronco singing to me with all the alerts going off when starting. 😂
I tried taking mine off this weekend. Same thing...lots of error messages. Didn't stop me from driving it, but made it a pain when changing 4x4 modes or any of that cause the screen kept barking nonsense at me. Oddly the parking brake didn't apply for no reason, and mine is a MT. Said "no key detected" but still started fine...there's gotta be a simple way to tell all the computers in the vehicle "hey...doors off now...this is normal"
Sponsored