stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I unplugged the doors and a few times it does seem using seatbelt first helps. Didn't throw a bunch of errors or engage parking break. Still get the weird "passenger door open" or something to that effect. The alarm company went ahead and pulled the motion/proximity sensor out since all sensors run through the door. Only alarm option currently is a completely self sustained alarm with it's own sensors when doors are off. the only draw back is you have to use a 2nd key fob from alarm company and it doesn't connect with Ford Pass....
Well, I'm glad to hear that solves most of the alarms/bells/whistles. Weather is not cooperating in Ohio at the moment so I haven't gotten to personally try out the theory yet!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I'm glad to hear that solves most of the alarms/bells/whistles. Weather is not cooperating in Ohio at the moment so I haven't gotten to personally try out the theory yet!
I tested it with keeping the doors on since it was cold, but just unplugged them and left open. Made it think doors were completely off... Not sure you need to keep them open once unplugged, but did it just in case.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just curious if maybe you had hit the door lock button before unplugging the doors, maybe it changes things. Something to try!

NathanW

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Range Rover SVR,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update:

After nearly 2 weeks of looking for the cause Ford has informed my dealer that the problems are actually "safety features". With the doors off, you must buckle your seatbelt before turning the vehicle on or else all of the warning lights and parking brake will engage. Pretty annoying "feature".

760 bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Update:

After nearly 2 weeks of looking for the cause Ford has informed my dealer that the problems are actually "safety features". With the doors off, you must buckle your seatbelt before turning the vehicle on or else all of the warning lights and parking brake will engage. Pretty annoying "feature".
how is that an annoying feature?
If they didn’t have that feature you get ol Billy Bob out 4 wheelin over the weekend, belly full of a case of original coors, rock crawling with no doors and no seatbelt on, falls out of his bronco… gets smashed, and then turns around and sues FORD for allowing him to operate the vehicle with no doors, without wearing his seatbelt. His lawyer claiming “there are no safety features to protect the consumer.”

Sponsored

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it were a legitimate "feature" then it would say "buckle your seatbelt, bubba"

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If they didn’t have that feature you get ol Billy Bob out 4 wheelin over the weekend, belly full of a case of original coors, rock crawling with no doors and no seatbelt on, falls out of his bronco… gets smashed, and then turns around and sues FORD for allowing him to operate the vehicle with no doors, without wearing his seatbelt. His lawyer claiming “there are no safety features to protect the consumer.”
Wound up much? We're simply saying that If it really was a feature, then clipping your seat belts after you start your car would make it happy.

Hell I could see it complaining if you put it in drive, what the doors off, and the seat belts NOT on, But the first thing I do when I hop in my vehicle is start it, and then get "settled".

So what happens with remote start with the doors off? Or is that just disabled?

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the seatbelts needing to be buckled before starting, do all the seatbelts need buckled or only the drivers? This would be annoying if I'm the only one driving and all need buckled.

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not everyone needs a nanny as most probably use common sense. I have a Jeep and it doesn't have this "feature".

Of the thousands of Jeeps in our club, can't ever recall one Billy Bob ever having a problem. Not on the road, not overlanding, and not during off road park use.

I guess as a society goes, we've gotten to the point where hand holding is required....and yes, I use to ride my bike and do sweet jumps without a helmet.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The issue is the order of operation. I always start before buckling. Prefer to let car start up, electronics run their processes while I'm buckling for efficiency. In this instance, even though you may buckle up after starting, the errors don't go away. I would be fine if it threw errors, but went away once buckled up. However, some of the errors aren't safety related.

Sponsored

760 bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not everyone needs a nanny as most probably use common sense. I have a Jeep and it doesn't have this "feature".

Of the thousands of Jeeps in our club, can't ever recall one Billy Bob ever having a problem. Not on the road, not overlanding, and not during off road park use.

I guess as a society goes, we've gotten to the point where hand holding is required....and yes, I use to ride my bike and do sweet jumps without a helmet.
Not everyone need “adaptive cruise” but its a safety feature lol im only saying ford probably did it to cover their ass.
It only takes once…

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if you disable the seat belt minder in Forscan if it will also take care of this? Might be worth trying.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if you disable the seat belt minder in Forscan if it will also take care of this? Might be worth trying.
That's a good idea. I always wear my seatbelt so I don't need a reminder. If only I could actually try this :(

NathanW

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Range Rover SVR,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For the seatbelts needing to be buckled before starting, do all the seatbelts need buckled or only the drivers? This would be annoying if I'm the only one driving and all need buckled.
I was told that if someone is seated they need to have their seatbelt on because all of the seats contain sensors.

This is the world we live in. Bloodsucking lawyers control/ruin everything.

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I realize people are complaining about this "feature" and the people saying "but I own a Jeep and we don't have this"... BUT, there are just too many examples of where tort law gets out of whack with rational thought (in my opinion) and Ford didn't want to be yet another example (most businesses are liability risk averse):

Woman sues McDonalds: Hot Coffee (20th century)
Result: Millions in punitive damages. Millions in legal fees. And in the end after all the appeals, a label on your coffee cup that says "Caution: Hot" (or something of that nature)
Beavis and Butthead for burned down home (20th century)
Result: Millions in punitive damages. Millions in legal fees. And in the end after all the appeals, the character Beavis no longer said the word, "fire," in episodes and even to this day it is not possible except on Bootleg or illegally uploaded copies to find an episode involving Beavis' use of the word, "fire".

You're a business, you can either (a) let it ride and chance it (saving money at the time) or (b) put in a simple computer "feature" that lessens any potential pain of litigation in the future (because ambulance chasing tort lawyers gonna be ambulance chasin' tort lawyers... so you'll never "eliminate the pain" fully as a business)
Sponsored