Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When the doors off I'm not sure there's anything cooler. However, it seems except for the window and mirror controllers, every electronic runs through the doors. This creates error messages every time. A few of those times it causes the parking brake to be engaged and doesn't disengage unless you turn it off and back on or set parking brake and release. All sensors are also disconnected like your hood (someone can pop your hood and no alarm even if you've hit lock on the remote.) This keeps one from being able to install a proximity/motion detector to protect it's when parked.

Has anyone heard from Ford, 3rd party, or have any ideas around installing some type of "jumper" where the door plugs into the body to simulate the door is still plugged in?
Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weird. Did it do this from day one? No issues with mine for the one week I was able to go doors off, and mine has every bell and whistle you can get.

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sure Jeep has that, forget the company. Or maybe I’m thinking of those fancy electric steps working with doors off.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
When the doors off I'm not sure there's anything cooler. However, it seems except for the window and mirror controllers, every electronic runs through the doors. This creates error messages every time. A few of those times it causes the parking brake to be engaged and doesn't disengage unless you turn it off and back on or set parking brake and release. All sensors are also disconnected like your hood (someone can pop your hood and no alarm even if you've hit lock on the remote.) This keeps one from being able to install a proximity/motion detector to protect it's when parked.

Has anyone heard from Ford, 3rd party, or have any ideas around installing some type of "jumper" where the door plugs into the body to simulate the door is still plugged in?
I believe you have to make sure you follow the order of operations when removing doors and putting them back on to avoid gremlins but I don't have a bronco so I am just spit balling here

Sponsored

NathanW

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Range Rover SVR,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the same problem. Take the doors off and tons of errors pop up. Leave the doors on and zero issues. It's been that way since new. My doors are rarely on, which makes it quite frustrating. I have an appointment on the 24th for them to look at it; they claim to have never seen the problems before.

Rus-T

Black Diamond
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine does the same thing. Since day one.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Weird. Did it do this from day one? No issues with mine for the one week I was able to go doors off, and mine has every bell and whistle you can get.
Yes. BL Sasquatch lux package. From the first time they were off. A cycle of errors when starting.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe you have to make sure you follow the order of operations when removing doors and putting them back on to avoid gremlins but I don't have a bronco so I am just spit balling here
I'm not aware of any order other than turning to Aux mode to roll windows down, then turn off. I'll search to see if I can find something beyond that.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. BL Sasquatch lux package. From the first time they were off. A cycle of errors when starting.
Sorry to hear this. Besides following the prescribed removal instructions (which when I removed mine I never consulted and was so much easier than my former Jeep), have you thought about resetting the electronics, maybe disconnecting the battery and rebooting? Or take it down to the dealer and have them reflash it. I have not had a single glitch so far (knocks on wood) with my electronics or anything but I know some have minor issues with screens going blank or other glitches.

Sponsored

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same thing happened to me. It messed with the parking brake engagement which I thought was weird. I thought I could replicate it by putting the Bronco in R while not wearing a seatbelt thinking maybe it was some weird safety feature but it was inconsistent.

For me, the brake engages and an error for Hill Assist popped up. I'm in FL, there are no hills.

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited: