Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 jeep grand cherokee laredo, 2022 bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When asked what I disliked most. The double honk. Hate that. Wish they would 'fix the problem' with an update.
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you get out and don't fully close the door it won't honk at you
Unless you then go around and open the passenger door to get something and BAM, HONK-HONK!

Last edited:

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a genius idea,,, Maybe they should make vehicles that only run when the key is in the ignition. You know, like an actual key that you have to turn.

I freakin' hate push to start, "keyless" key fobs. They are so pointless... You still must have this giant key fob on you to get the car to start, so it provides ZERO benefit compared to an old fashioned key.

Now we have this giant expensive electronic key fob bouncing around in our pocket or cupholder..

And now the stupid car is honking at you.. I hate it.

Give me a regular key please. Also, I NEVER use the buttons on the keyfobs, I have zero need to unlock a vehicle that is not within arms reach of me.

Push to start is garbage, electronic keyfobs are garbage.
No, no, no and just no. If you don't like it you're doing it wrong. Keyless entry is fuckin brilliant. You literally never have to touch the key. No fumbling around to unlock it. No buttons. No digging around in your pocket for a key. Walk up, open the door, get in and start.

If you think that's difficult I can't imagine what else is going on in your head day to day.

Also, if you wear jeans like most grown men, the little useless pocket on your right side is a perfect fit for the fob. Boom, now you don't have a key "bouncing around" in your pockets.

No Keyless entry is a deal breaker on any car built in the last 10 years. It's so damn useful.

Last edited:

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, no, no and just no. If you don't like it you're doing it wrong. Keyless entry is fuckin brilliant. You literally never have to touch the key. No fumbling around to unlock it. No buttons. No digging around in your pocket for a key. Walk up, open the door, get in and start.

If you think that's difficult I can't imagine what else is going on in your head day to day.

Also, if you wear jeans like most grown men, the little useless pocket on your right side is a perfect fit for the fob. Boom, now you don't have a key "bouncing around" in your pockets.

No Keyless entry is a deal breaker on any car built in the last 10 years. It's so damn useful.
I have three vehicles all with giant keyfobs and I wear shorts and flip flops 90% of the time. Work from home and live by the beach.

OP
OP
BigShasta

BigShasta

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands LUX, Squatch, Hard top, Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have three vehicles all with giant keyfobs and I wear shorts and flip flops 90% of the time. Work from home and live by the beach.
Fail to see the connection. You don't drive all 3 at once I'm sure.

Sounds like you need 1980s vehicles.

We're 1/2 mile from the gulf of Mexico....how does that factor in?

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Come on Ford. Maybe an alert of some kind but the loudest horn I've ever heard on a vehicle without air horns and it has to blow twice when I'm standing right by the door and exit with they key while it's running?

The super dutys can be disabled within the software, why should I have to get forscan to disable it?

I would have already done it with forscan but they didn't have the 2023 software yet (it's been a couple months so maybe they do now), I haven't tried again.

Give us the option FORD!
Mine doesn't do this. Double beep.

OP
OP
BigShasta

BigShasta

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine doesn't do this. Double beep.
If you have the engine running and get out with the key fob, you don't get the double. HONK HONK at max volume?

Did you buy it used? It may have been disabled already.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Works great if you wear jeans. Started doing this myself.

My suggestion is to go keyless, leave the FOB in the vehicle and use the door keypad. Did this for years, till I recently started doing the above.

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fail to see the connection. You don't drive all 3 at once I'm sure.

Sounds like you need 1980s vehicles.

We're 1/2 mile from the gulf of Mexico....how does that factor in?
So, I'm supposed to have three seperate key rings, one for each vehicle now.
Works great if you wear jeans. Started doing this myself.

My suggestion is to go keyless, leave the FOB in the vehicle and use the door keypad. Did this for years, till I recently started doing the above.

This is exactly what I do, hide the key in the vehicle and use the keypad on the door, however, the keyless entry makes this more challenging since the keyfob is now sending out signals saying it's ok to start the vehicle without the key in the ignition. I could do the keyfob in the RFID blocker trick, but... more steps, less convenient.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Come on Ford. Maybe an alert of some kind but the loudest horn I've ever heard on a vehicle without air horns and it has to blow twice when I'm standing right by the door and exit with they key while it's running?

The super dutys can be disabled within the software, why should I have to get forscan to disable it?

I would have already done it with forscan but they didn't have the 2023 software yet (it's been a couple months so maybe they do now), I haven't tried again.

Give us the option FORD!
Stuff a rag in the horn. Mine is loud also.

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have the engine running and get out with the key fob, you don't get the double. HONK HONK at max volume?

Did you buy it used? It may have been disabled already.
Nope no 2 beep. It's a new Badlands. Just got it on 06/08. Although I agree with one other post. Push to start, FOBS are a pain. They make it easier to steal you car. Now we have two vehicles with FOBs. Carry all that in you pocket. I wear pants with cargo pockets to carry all this crap any more. 2 FOBs, a smart phone, etc. My 2¢.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can someone explain the conditions that cause the double honk? My Bronco was double honking (obnoxious) every time I got out and closed the door the first few days - but now has stopped double honking. I don't even know why it was double honking. I did no updates to make it stop.

Also I noticed in the video screen menu, there is an option to turn off double honk. Not sure if it's for this or some other honking.

OP
OP
BigShasta

BigShasta

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope no 2 beep. It's a new Badlands. Just got it on 06/08. Although I agree with one other post. Push to start, FOBS are a pain. They make it easier to steal you car. Now we have two vehicles with FOBs. Carry all that in you pocket. I wear pants with cargo pockets to carry all this crap any more. 2 FOBs, a smart phone, etc. My 2¢.
Why would you carry 2 sets of keys? You drive 2 cars at once?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was ok with the double honk for a while. Yeah it did bother me here and there.. especially on trails when I would tend to get out and check the trail more often.

But finally took my doors off for the first time and when it honked at me as i got out, that was it..Forscan!

Oddly, with a double Hong off, I can now hear the chimes on the inside that are telling you the same thing. Those chimes work just fine without needing to blast my ears.
Sponsored