First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Happy Tuesday! I am going to get my wife's beadlocks gloss black to match the actually rim but just wanted to confirm I could still drive the car while they are getting done. I am assuming I can but not 100% sure. Thank you!
Sponsored

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They aren't actual beadlocks, they are just a plastic cover. The wheels are beadlock capable which you would have to get the parts from Ford and remount the tire for them to be beadlocks. You are fine to drive around without the covers on while they get painted

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They aren't actual beadlocks, they are just a plastic cover. The wheels are beadlock capable which you would have to get the parts from Ford and remount the tire for them to be beadlocks. You are fine to drive around without the covers on while they get painted
They are aluminum.

OP
OP
jar1229

jar1229

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you guys! One last question anyone know the size and socket I would need to remove?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are taking them off yourself make sure you have the proper tools. It seems like the factory got a bit over zealous with the locktite and impact gun ugga duggas. Many people have stripped the head of the bolts trying to remove them. Get a set of torx plus bits and a good size breaker bar.

And they are considered beauty or scratch rings and are not actual beadlock rings (which can be bought separately but it doesn't sound like you have a need for them). And you are fine to drive around with out the beauty rings.

Sponsored

Ducksworth

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon, 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm driving without mine right now, you will be fine.
Torx T45 is what you want to use to get them off. You might want to take a peek at some other threads on here before attempting it. Some people have struggled to get the bolts out and have stripped them in the process.

I tried to get mine off with hand tools and a regular drill and couldn't get the bolt to budge at all. Ended up using an impact driver and they came out super easy.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
driving without the beauty rings is not an issue, I did the same with my base sasquatch. Use a brand new T45 and a speed handle. It is the best way to remove and install. NO POWER TOOLS

Ford Bronco Driving WITHOUT Beadlocks? No power tools.PNG

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happy Tuesday! I am going to get my wife's beadlocks gloss black to match the actually rim but just wanted to confirm I could still drive the car while they are getting done. I am assuming I can but not 100% sure. Thank you!
You'll be fine. The wheels are beadlock capable and not beadlocked until you buy the beads from Ford. It is illegal for manufacturers to send beadlock vehicles to costumers directly from the factory. My guess why they do that is because you have to maintain them regularly and some people don't know that.
Yah no there aluminum just like the wheel.
If you are taking them off yourself make sure you have the proper tools. It seems like the factory got a bit over zealous with the locktite and impact gun ugga duggas. Many people have stripped the head of the bolts trying to remove them. Get a set of torx plus bits and a good size breaker bar.

And they are considered beauty or scratch rings and are not actual beadlock rings (which can be bought separately but it doesn't sound like you have a need for them). And you are fine to drive around with out the beauty rings.
Exactly. To be even extra cautious, he can buy some extra bolts.

OP
OP
jar1229

jar1229

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Good morning guys! Unfortunately in the process of removing my beauty rings I managed to strip 5 bolts, uggghhhhhh. I know I know this has been addressed before though I can not seem to find a details self resolution to this problem. Please! Can someone advise how they were able to remove on their own? Thinking have to drill out but any details or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good morning guys! Unfortunately in the process of removing my beauty rings I managed to strip 5 bolts, uggghhhhhh. I know I know this has been addressed before though I can not seem to find a details self resolution to this problem. Please! Can someone advise how they were able to remove on their own? Thinking have to drill out but any details or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I broke all the bolts loose by hand with a ratchet. Then used a cordless ratchet to remove them the rest of the way.

Sponsored

G-Red

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey thanks for all the info everyone. Just removed my rings to get them powder coated and was wondering if its safe to drive without the rings on. Ya'll are wayyy ahead of me. Thanks!!

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious for those who have run the assemblies with the trim ring off, did you experience any tire/wheel imbalance?
I've had mine off for a couple weeks waiting for powder coating. I did notice a slight vibration. Just got my rings back and interested to see if it goes away.

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've had mine off for a couple weeks waiting for powder coating. I did notice a slight vibration. Just got my rings back and interested to see if it goes away.
Appreciate the insight! The vibration likely will reduce - keep us posted!

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Reinstalled the beauty rings and the faint vibration seems to have gone away.
Sponsored