Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good.

What are your impressions of the quality/fit/finish of the bumper? Welds? Powder coat?

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good.

What are your impressions of the quality/fit/finish of the bumper? Welds? Powder coat?
Overall quality looks really good to me. Time will tell how it holds up. Tight would be an understatement! I have XL size glove hands and feeding the bolts into the bumper is TIGHT!

My main issue with the install was getting the three brass bolts to re-align in the holes that secure the bumper to the Bronco. There is a factory nut plate that you are told to remove in the instructions but there was no hardware to secure the DV8 bumper. I was able to secure one sides 3 bolts but the other was a no go. I needed up chopping the nut plate to separate the 3 bolts into 2 sections to give me some more wiggle room. I don't think this is a big issue as the "nut plate" seems to just be a large washer to speed up production. After many adjustments and readjustments I was able to to get the other three bolts in and finish the install.

Sponsored

Girldadx3

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Overall quality looks really good to me. Time will tell how it holds up. Tight would be an understatement! I have XL size glove hands and feeding the bolts into the bumper is TIGHT!

My main issue with the install was getting the three brass bolts to re-align in the holes that secure the bumper to the Bronco. There is a factory nut plate that you are told to remove in the instructions but there was no hardware to secure the DV8 bumper. I was able to secure one sides 3 bolts but the other was a no go. I needed up chopping the nut plate to separate the 3 bolts into 2 sections to give me some more wiggle room. I don't think this is a big issue as the "nut plate" seems to just be a large washer to speed up production. After many adjustments and readjustments I was able to to get the other three bolts in and finish the install.
Looks to have been worth the effort. Looks flush and level to me. Job well done.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I installed the new DV8 bumper with a Warn evo 10k and, Wow, that was a lot harder than I thought it would be!
Ford Bronco DV8 Bumper and Winch install E5965E83-842B-4840-A64A-829F243ADB4F
Looks great. I was thinking the same thing about painting the silver mesh black if I get the DV8.

NewFordGuy

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ram 1500 ecodiesel waiting on the Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe it is the angle of the camera, but that front shot makes it look like the approach angle is extremely reduced. Is it just the angle of the camera, or does it make that front nose longer and lower?

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know what you mean, I installed the DV8 OE PLUS bumper which I'm sure is much easier since it doesn't have a winch and is less complicated but boy trying to get the bolts in and tighten them up is no small feat. Luckily I have small hands, sometimes they come in handy, so it was probably a little easier for me. I kept thinking I don't know how anyone with big mitts would ever get into these small spaces.

Took me a lot longer than I thought and what the instructions were estimating.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it is the angle of the camera, but that front shot makes it look like the approach angle is extremely reduced. Is it just the angle of the camera, or does it make that front nose longer and lower?
The approach angle will be reduced slightly as the bumper does extend out more than the mod bumper. The winch sits nice and low so it doesn't block the camera like the one from ford and a few other manufacturers. There are compromises in everything, this is what I went with and it is staying put!

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is arriving today (just the bumper b/c I haven't settled on a winch yet). @PatioDaddio78 do you have any advice on making the install as painless as possible? Open to any and all thoughts.

OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is arriving today (just the bumper b/c I haven't settled on a winch yet). @PatioDaddio78 do you have any advice on making the install as painless as possible? Open to any and all thoughts.
Make sure you have all the bolts! I called DV8 about my install issues, and they said that there should have been nuts for the bumper install bolts. Its a two man job as well. I have an old wooden chair that fit under the bumper to hold in place instead of holding up on my own that seemed to work pretty well. If I had all the intended hardware it would have been much easier.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does the DV8 Bumper do any bracing behind the frame horns? I am curious to why Warn/Ford mounts and bumpers do, but I haven't seen the aftermarket see the need.

OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the DV8 Bumper do any bracing behind the frame horns? I am curious to why Warn/Ford mounts and bumpers do, but I haven't seen the aftermarket see the need.
I dont think it does. You more than welcome to take a look, I live over by the Metropolitan Market.
Sponsored