zane8stacks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i'm really digging the look of the DV8 FSs-15 bumper. my only concern is the bumper tickness as stated on the website with a 5mm(between 3/16 and 1/4) mounts and support with a 3.5mm body. I'm worried there could be warp-age if there is heavy pulling on the winch. plus side it only weights 108lbs, but can someone chime in who has used DV8 in the past or someone with more bumper experience. link below.

https://dv8offroad.com/collections/...021-2022-ford-bronco-fs-15-winch-front-bumper
Sponsored

Last edited:

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have any direct experience with this application, but this one is on my list of potential bumper purchases, too. Looking at the pics on their site, I wouldn't have any concerns with how the winch mounts. The mounting plate (bottom of the winch, not the front or back) is on a bent piece of steel that directly attaches to the frame. I assume that piece is 5mm, but even at 3.5mm I'd be confident in its strength. IMO that's about as solid as you can get for mounting a winch, and I daresay is beefier than the Warn plate i have on my JLUR which has never given me any trouble.

I think DV8 makes good stuff, though for me I think their currently available options block just a bit too much front camera visibility, based on the pics they have posted. I may be spoiled, but I use the front camera on my jeep all the time. A lot more often than I use my winch. in tight trees or any other situation where you may not have a spotter (or at least not a spotter you fully trust!), that front camera is golden. There are some bumper options out there that tuck the winch in a bit more than this one does and keep more of the trail visible on screen.

OP
OP

zane8stacks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i'm not too worried about the camera right now. i'm sure someone will make a camera extension or a relocation bracket like they have with the jeep.

Mike1976

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i'm really digging the look of the DV8 FSs-15 bumper. my only concern is the bumper tickness as stated on the website with a 5mm(between 3/16 and 1/4) mounts and support with a 3.5mm body. I'm worried there could be warp-age if there is heavy pulling on the winch. plus side it only weights 108lbs, but can someone chime in who has used DV8 in the past or someone with more bumper experience. link below.

https://dv8offroad.com/collections/...021-2022-ford-bronco-fs-15-winch-front-bumper
I have a DV8 bumper on my GX470 and have winched with my 12000 APEX winch. It hasn't deformed the bumper any. There is a YouTube video of a guy lifting his 4runner straight up in the air with a winch on a DV8 bumper. I am not a serious rock crawler, more of a trail exploring guy. So the lighter weight is perfect for me.

Girldadx3

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a DV8 bumper on my GX470 and have winched with my 12000 APEX winch. It hasn't deformed the bumper any. There is a YouTube video of a guy lifting his 4runner straight up in the air with a winch on a DV8 bumper. I am not a serious rock crawler, more of a trail exploring guy. So the lighter weight is perfect for me.
What is your opinion about the quality of your DV8 bumper? I too am interested but have read some negative reviews on the Wrangler forums. How was the fit/finish?

Sponsored

Mike1976

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What is your opinion about the quality of your DV8 bumper? I too am interested but have read some negative reviews on the Wrangler forums. How was the fit/finish?
Everything on mine was great. The texture of the finish was awesome. Don’t expect it to be a heavy weight tree basher. It’s more along the lines of the stock bash plates and rock sliders. Great for mild off roading, which is what most of us do.

Girldadx3

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everything on mine was great. The texture of the finish was awesome. Don’t expect it to be a heavy weight tree basher. It’s more along the lines of the stock bash plates and rock sliders. Great for mild off roading, which is what most of us do.
Good to know. Thx for feedback.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not a bad looking bumper without the light bar. But I really hate how companies slap their logos in your face all over the place. Put a subtle placard on it instead.

OP
OP

zane8stacks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a bad looking bumper without the light bar. But I really hate how companies slap their logos in your face all over the place. Put a subtle placard on it instead.

the sad thing is i feel like this is one of the more subtle logos. I'm really stuck between this and the fabfours stubby right now cant seem to pick between the two.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5mm is a lot thicker than you think. I used to work in a factory that made stamped components for automotive industry. Most the bumpers we made were in the 2mm range. Control arms were some of the thickest components we made and they were 3mm.

hbdcowboys

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody know if the Warn Evo 10s will fit inside of the DV8 MTO bumper?

OP
OP

zane8stacks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody know if the Warn Evo 10s will fit inside of the DV8 MTO bumper?
i imagine any winch would fit as tehy all seem to come with the standard winch bolt holes now a days. i'm putting a HF badland in mine when it gets here.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just ordered the DV8 FS-15 bumper with the add on wings. I'll post pics once i get it installed next week sometime.
What winch are you going with?
I have a RPG perch collar kit coming to level the front end and help with the added weight of the bumper.
My plan is to order the same bumper with a Badlands Apex winch. I was am also planning to get the dual row led light bar.

or say screw it and after the perch collars are installed scrap the bumper and winch plan and get 37's?
Sponsored

Last edited: