Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You think an engineer would have caught this in testing.
Sponsored

blsbikes2

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
At the Bronco Off-Rodeo, they specifically mentioned that quite a few people pulled this off. It is crazy to me, because it is a simple, easy, one finger lever that does the job, but people pull on it like it's a cable brake.
I wish it was a cable brake. I like the security of a manual non electric parking brake. Electric systems fail. Brake lines fail.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish it was a cable brake. I like the security of a manual non electric parking brake. Electric systems fail. Brake lines fail.
Mechanical cables break.

I just don't know if your security concern is founded, but time will tell.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You think an engineer would have caught this in testing.
Remember, they call the Yellow Cyber Orange and decided to make us 2drs wait rather than give us soft tops, weā€™re not dealing with a smart company now

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

IF...... there was a Manual Hand Leaver E-Brake system that had a Long & Proven reliability that they (@Ford Motor Company ) could have used...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .... this would have been a Non-Issue.
I mean, it is a non-issue unless you lack a basic level of competence.

Honestly, it doesn't get much easier than pulling the lever and pushing the button with the same level of force you use on your turn signal, GOAT dial, seat adjustments, or basically any other function in the car.

It is basic, day 1 shit that literally any child could figure out.
Like we really need something else with a sensor in it to go bad. Especially something that is supposed to be a redundant safety item.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like we really need something else with a sensor in it to go bad. Especially something that is supposed to be a redundant safety item.
Was gonna ask one day what it takes to turn our Broncos from digital to fully analog like an old car.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think we have unearthed the "get off my lawn crew".

You can still use the E brake in and emergency, and the ABS system should kick in.

I have had to repair emergency brakes in the past, so let's not reminisce about a technology that had faults of its own.

I feel like this is like people comparing fuel injectors to carb.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Excuse my lack of knowledge, my blend date was only yesterday so no Bronco in my driveway.

My Camaro has an electronic e-Brake, a small button in the center console, press down to release, and pull up slightly, to engage, much like a window switch.

My Jeep Grand Cherokee has a foot e-Brake, stomp on it to engage, stomp on it again to release.

How does the Bronco one work? Is it just a push button, or do you have to push/pull it?
Itā€™s exactly like your Camaro

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem with the design is that the resistance of the lever is similar to the slack of a cable system. The point that the Bronco switch is at it's limits is the point that we feel the disengagement of a cable parking brake begins. It is a poor design from a human factors perspective.

Sponsored

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are not emergency brakes.......
Electric parking brakes out perform cable brake systems for many reasons:
1) They offer robust engagement of the caliper piston
2) More reliable
3) Fewer components
4) No adjusting required
5) Less weight
6) Easier to service the brakes
7) More flexibility for engage point location (switch)

Plus, if you don't have trail turn assist, you can easily add it with a LH or RH Brake engagement switch.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think we have unearthed the "get off my lawn crew".

You can still use the E brake in and emergency, and the ABS system should kick in.

I have had to repair emergency brakes in the past, so let's not reminisce about a technology that had faults of its own.

I feel like this is like people comparing fuel injectors to carb.
Coming from a JK with a finicky hand brake for sure I get what your saying.

Weā€™ll see on the Bronco brake. I have to say though that I donā€™t like the location, versus say where the electronic brake is on my wifeā€™s Audi Q3 (center console).

And yeah, maybe I am old school and get off my lawn, but it sure sucks that people who like to drive and control their vehicle have to work harder and harder around technology for people who donā€™t, so they donā€™t need too. (And while weā€™re at it, wait interminably for our order in part because the chips that enable the prefer-nots are in short supply.)

My lawn is a driverā€™s vehicle that the owner can work on and improve. Most of the market, and much of the cost of a new vehicle and itā€™s lifecycle cost are focused on the antithesis.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At the Bronco Off-Rodeo, they specifically mentioned that quite a few people pulled this off. It is crazy to me, because it is a simple, easy, one finger lever that does the job, but people pull on it like it's a cable brake.
Habit. Not used to all this
new-fangled-Fluff!

Arcnsparks

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKRU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have a link for a replacement E brake switch assembly
Thank you for posting this! Just picked up my Badlands on Saturday and did this with in the first 30 seconds of ownership. šŸ™ˆ I cracked up and said "Well, You break it, you buy it"

The bad thing is when the button comes off, the switch insides fly out along with it. I was a little worried it was going to become an immediate issue because the brake was set when it broke and I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get it released. To top it off, It was Saturday so only sales guys at the dealership. However, my MacGyver side took over and found out with a little feeling around inside the now hollow housing that there's two tiny little lever "triggers". One at 12 o'clock and one at 6. The top little trigger sets the brake and the bottom one releases it. I've now become the brake "tickle" master and joke that I like this process better and I'm not even planning on repairing the button now. :LOL:

I've also found out since then too that if you put it in gear and just start attempting to move, the brake auto releases after a certain amount of load.
Sponsored