Sponsored

e-Brake Location

Thoughts on the location of the e-brake?

• Total voters

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd not call it terrible, but it would be nice in a location where I don't have to lean forward in the seat to reach it. Like under the dash by the start button or maybe on the side of the center console. You don't want it where someone might trigger it instead of windows or mirror adjust etc, but for me it's a bit too far in and too low to just be reachable.
Not a big deal though, I'm sure if my breaks go out I can still reach it ok.
Sponsored

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would probably choose a foot operated parking brake pedal.

I would never have chosen to have my mechanical emergency brake be replaced with an electronic button. What's this world coming to? I guess I should consider myself lucky that there is a button, at least. Someday, they will probably force me to download an app and set my parking brake with my phone.

Now get off my lawn!

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a big deal though, I'm sure if my breaks go out I can still reach it ok.
I’m not sure if something else was going on, but just a bit ago it wouldn’t engage unless I was firmly pressing the breaks. I haven’t paid much attention to, but I will for now on.

Ruggles

Big Bend
First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The electronic part has taken some getting used to coming from a 2014 Focus with a handle in the console, but the location is exactly where the handbrake in my 61 Falcon is so that part is okay. I prefer the feel of the mechanical brake vs no feedback from the electronic, looking at the dash for a notification is weird but I'm getting used to it after a week with the Bronco.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's perfectly fine for an AT, but the MT should of had a Real Manual Hand E-Brake.

@Ford Motor Company ..... apparently there were no Engineers & Designers within the Design Team who were more than 10% experience with driving a MT in the real world...... SMH...
Sponsored