Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks man. So this isn't an automatic replacement? Only if it breaks...is that correct?
Just got the parking brake update completed. I think it moved a little closer to the steering wheel… Upside down switch now…. New trim panel… my muscle memory is slightly upset lol
Ford Bronco Bronco and the F-150 electronic E brake recall image
Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless I missed something, the recall is only for the F150, so I'm not sure why anyone with a Bronco would worry about this recall.
He has anxiety, is the the 21st century male version of PMS??

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Either way, park with it in 2nd or 3rd gear (apparently the compression isn't low enough to hold the vehicle in 1st, or so I believe I read here somewhere) and stop living your life worrying about what might never happen.
Incorrect. Park in the largest ratio difference. You want the engine tonhabe the most mechanical advantage against the turning wheels as possible. 1st gear. Turn the wheel so the vehicle is going to roll where you want it to go if the p-brake fails.

Modern small engines may spin better than they used to, or more likely, big heavy SUVs have no problems rotating little engines. Back in the day you would need a v8 with a lot of mass and internal rotating resistance.

And if you’re really concerned, but some cheap parking blocks from harbor freight. I have some for my ‘69 f250 with one stretched p-brake cable.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And if you’re really concerned, but some cheap parking blocks from harbor freight. I have some for my ‘69 f250 with one stretched p-brake cable.
I'm not concerned at all, I trust my parking brake to hold my vehicle.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fortunately I have a manual, and only use the parking brake when idling at the drive-through ATM.

Sponsored

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey guys, though I’ve always loved my bronco, the one thing that I’ve always despised about it (aside from the unreadable tach-but that’s another post) is the absence of a mechanical parking brake. I have the 7 speed, so every time I park the vehicle, I have anxiety: did the brake actually engage? Am I going to roll away? I set the brake and leave the car in gear just to be sure.

Now the big F-150 recall for what I presume is a similar electronic brake. Might come on while car is in motion apparently. A whole new thing way for an E brake to fail.

what do you all think? Do you wish, like I do, that Ford would cut pennies somewhere else and leave time tested safety equipment mechanical?

[EDIT: this is a post about whether people like or trust an electronic e brake, or if they wish the brake was mechanical. I’m not looking for advice on how to keep my Bronco from rolling, etc.]
100% I agree. Electronic e-brakes are trash and don't instill any confidence. Should be a manual ebrake.

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One benefit of an eBake: Someone can't disengage it without the key.

When I was in college, there was a rash of people (idiots) getting in parked jeeps and letting the parking brake off and letting them roll down hills, into other cars, etc etc. Not possible with an ebrake.
Sponsored