First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

An electronic ebrake that works with the discs negates the need for additional hardware and can be used as a HOLD/hill start feature for MTs or sequential transmissions. Porsches and Subarus have them.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
regarding the recall, it was a whole bunch of FCA vehicles that were affected by it, even minivans.

our volvo puts it on automatically when you turn off the car. my wife and i come from european backgrounds and our families grew up with manual transmissions, so the hand brake was always used. my dad got so confused the first time he had to use a foot style parking brake like what you see in trucks.
When parallel parking in the city and not on an incline, I got in the habit of leaving the trans out of gear, and only using the parking brake. Reason being, your vehicle can get bumped into and even pushed, by others trying to shoe their vehicle into a space in front or behind. Leaving out of gear at least can avoid some potential transmission damage.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All the manual cars I've recently owned used the ABS module for hill start assist. My jeep wrangler has the drum inside a disc for a parking brake, and it doesn't work that well due to the ratcheting mechanism discussed earlier.

I haven't owned a car with an electric parking brake, but I have driven rentals with them. I actually stopped and read the manual to try and find how I could use it in the event the brakes failed. Best I can remember you pull on the latch/button and pray to Jesus.

I'm thankful my 2020 sti and 2015 wrangler have manual hand brakes.

From a 2016 Subaru Outback owners manual with electronic parking brake:

The operation of the emergency brake is in the owners manual;

Emergency brake

NOTE
. While using the emergency brake,
the electronic parking brake indicator
light and the indicator light on the
parking brake switch illuminate and a
chirp sounds.
. While using the emergency brake, a
sound may be heard from the engine
compartment. This is the operating
sound of the brake that is activated by
the Vehicle Dynamics Control system,
and does not indicate a malfunction.

If the foot brake has a malfunction, you
can stop the vehicle by pulling the parking
brake switch continuously.
While applying the emergency brake, the
electronic parking brake indicator light and
the indicator light on the parking brake
switch illuminate and a chirp sounds.

There seems to be room on a message board with little activity like this one for another discussion, even if it is though of as not to be genuine.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anyone know where the lever is on the 2.3 manual?? I cant find it mentioned on here or on the 360 view on b+p.

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone know where the lever is on the 2.3 manual?? I cant find it mentioned on here or on the 360 view on b+p.
It's not a lever per se. More of a handle, since there's no ratcheting mechanism on the electronic e-brake. It's on the dash to the left of the steering wheel, below the headlight controls.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's not a lever per se. More of a handle, since there's no ratcheting mechanism on the electronic e-brake. It's on the dash to the left of the steering wheel, below the headlight controls.
Ah okay, thank you, Im used to most cars including autos having it next to the console

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone with a current Ranger that can confirm where the controls are located? @Rick Astley
I have a 2021 Tremor. Its an old school mechanical next to the shifter. Its different in Bronco.
Sponsored