StrainedCMOS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Finally got my OBX non-SAS after 9 months of waiting. Been looking to upgrade the tire for a little more ruggedness without additional lifts or crash bar removal. Primary aim is to maintain its regular on-road capabilities and be able to do some easy forest road off-roading (no heavy mudding) and maybe get some better snow performance.

My main issue in trying to select a tire is that I'm not looking to move to E load tires as the amount of off-roading vs road driving will not be that significant, and I don't want to feel every bump or pothole on the road.

It seems a limiting factor is that I don't want to replace the stock 18" wheels on the OBX but tires in my preferred size (275/70/R18) do not come in C or D load ranges.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer offering C or D load tires on an 18" rim?
Sponsored

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did a search on Tirerack and there was only one that wasn't Load Range E but still an off road tire with the severe snow rating. It was the General Grabber A/TX, see link below. I have had a set of General tires before on my truck and they were okay. There were dozens of tires in that size that were E's but the ride may be a bit harsh.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...8GRATXV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Rob_Broncowski

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX, Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had similar criteria for tires and I went with the General Grabber A/TX (275/70/R18) in the standard load configuration. No complaints so far.
Sponsored

Last edited: