First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, converting to run on E85 might require a more robust fuel pump than what the Bronco already has?
It's very likely. Injector system should be fine though between the port injection and the direct injection. On the 3.5 in trucks the fuel pump is the shortcoming. Need to know what pump and lines are in the Bronco. I'm sure someone like 5 star will have that answer in the near future and offer what they can for E tunes.

Personally though if you're just wanting E85 for the cheaper price and hope to offset the lost fuel economy it's a moot point. However if you want cooler combustion, less detonation, and ultimately more power then hell ya send it on some corn juice!!!
Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally though if you're just wanting E85 for the cheaper price and hope to offset the lost fuel economy it's a moot point. However if you want cooler combustion, less detonation, and ultimately more power then hell ya send it on some corn juice!!!
Well, that depends on your perspectives, technically all tax payers are subsidizing ethanol, and the Chinese have been buying up the ethanol plants like the one Pete Buttegig sold to a Chinese entity in South Bend, IN, where I'm from, so there is that... but as long as I can spill $2.50/gallon turbonium into my Volvo and Broncos tanks, you can bet I, as any red blooded American boy should, avoid any and all taxes as I deem necessary. Tax evasion is a crime, kids. Corrupt politicians made tax avoidance the national pass time.

aframe009

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2.7 in the 2018 and up F150 has almost the same fuel system as the 5.0 trucks. The only things you need to run full E85 in a 2.7 truck is a Boost-A-Pump and a tune. That being said, I am not sure if the fuel system on the Bronco is the same as the trucks. If you do not have the right fuel system your vehicle will run too lean. It takes 30% more E85 than regular gas to combust in the cylinder properly. That is only in the 2.7 trucks, you need more upgrades to run E85 on a 3.5 truck. The 2.3 Rangers will run E85 though with a tune. Once again I am not sure if that translates to the Broncos yet.

Sebtown20

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI, my other car is a 2018 wrx, (turbo 4) and I run an e30 tune, I mix a 2:1 ratio of 91 and e85, and get about 80+ hp. E85 is cheap race fuel 100+ octane, turbo engines love it!!

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What effect does having an aftermarket tune done to one's engine have on the warranty?

If I find someone who can tune my 2.7 to take E85, will that create warranty problems?
If you tune it you take responsibility for any damages. Typically your powertrain warranty is void.
Sponsored