DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dumb question so I will apologize in advance but is acoustic poly fill different from other types of poly fill…because there is a difference in price it seems.

is it less sensitive to heat? Smaller more dense pieces?

Last edited:

Rat

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr Bronco Wildtrak, 22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you are looking for bare bones effort and cost upgrade, just replace the two dash speakers with a pair that does well in the high range. It'll really bring the music to life as the Bronco B&O is missing the highs pretty badly IMO. I threw in some Alpine S-S40 for under $100 and the difference was VERY noticeable without having to change anything else. Night and day difference.

Great cheap way to get started.
OK, first off, Thank you! You are indeed correct about these speakers. I just swapped the B&O 4” dash speakers with the Alpines you are 100% correct, night and day! Took about 20 minutes to do!

Another thing I have to rant about, I honestly cannot believe this system is advertised as a B&O system. The 4”s I pulled out are pitiful. I just shook my head after picking it up, pitiful/shameful.

The only other thing I have done is supplement the lows with a Kicker HS4610 behind the drivers seat. I am afraid to even look at the quality of the other B&O speakers.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, first off, Thank you! You are indeed correct about these speakers. I just swapped the B&O 4” dash speakers with the Alpines you are 100% correct, night and day! Took about 20 minutes to do!

Another thing I have to rant about, I honestly cannot believe this system is advertised as a B&O system. The 4”s I pulled out are pitiful. I just shook my head after picking it up, pitiful/shameful.

The only other thing I have done is supplement the lows with a Kicker HS4610 behind the drivers seat. I am afraid to even look at the quality of the other B&O speakers.
Glad this worked for you. It really is an affordable upgrade that makes a large difference for those just starting out with modding the audio system.

Reactions: Rat

ChrisE

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw, Mustang, Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just swapped in a bunch of infinity speakers. 4032 in the front, pods, and kick panel 6.5". I am going to upgrade the sub to the kicker that many have done. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Th kick panels don't get highs, but I noticed more sound fill just replacing those, before anything else but that is because of the high sensitivity. In the pods, they don't get the same highs as the front and I found the infinity upgrade there good. in the fronts, I'm not loving it. it's way too bright no matter what settings I put it on. I'm a life long infinity fan from the days of car stereo builds in the 90's and it's probably more to do with the DSP on the B&O than the speaker. I'm almost inclined to put the front 3 OEM back in and leave the rest infinity as it fills the cabin much better. I chatted extensively with crutchfield and he said the JL's that a lot of people use would probably be worse for brightness. Same with the focals. He didn't recommend kickers either. He said to calm it down, check out audiofrog, but they were $300 and I've never even heard of them. And cheap polks, but I have a hard time with Polk for personal reasons. Just wondering if anyone else has found the replacement in the front for the B&O to be harsh. Putting it in stereo mode calms it down, but then you lose that soundstage the center is giving you. I think it's really mostly the center. I might even just put the OEM center back and leave the rest. You can call out timbre matching all you want, but sometimes odd pairings work. If anyone has thoughts, pleas share.

Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Easiest? Drop it off at a stereo shop. Pick it up a week later. Done.

OxfordSas

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 4Dr badlands Sas Lux Leather soft top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I the only one that thinks the B&O 10 speaker system sounds good??? :oops:
We
If you are looking for bare bones effort and cost upgrade, just replace the two dash speakers with a pair that does well in the high range. It'll really bring the music to life as the Bronco B&O is missing the highs pretty badly IMO. I threw in some Alpine S-S40 for under $100 and the difference was VERY noticeable without having to change anything else. Night and day difference.

Great cheap way to get started.
i just replaced the dash and rear pods with alpine s-s40’s I didn’t use bass blockers or anything. For something easy it sounds mint. Even calls on Apple CarPlay are better.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We

i just replaced the dash and rear pods with alpine s-s40’s I didn’t use bass blockers or anything. For something easy it sounds mint. Even calls on Apple CarPlay are better.
Yes sir. Two new speakers make a world of difference for such a cheap upgrade.

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Couple things, the audio source makes a difference. For some reason XM is broadcast with shit signal and plays at a terrible audio range for sound quality. Pandora is a little better. Finding a good HD Radio station and play with the settings.

Terrible is few ticks from full, Midrange is a few ticks less than half and Bass is 1 tick above half. Surround on.

Sound quality is descent and clear, even at higher volumes.

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you use base blockers for front two? Just wondering if they’re even needed.

Sponsored

Rat

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you use base blockers for front two? Just wondering if they’re even needed.
No, I did not. I actually replaced them with https://www.crutchfield.com/p_301DCX1003/Hertz-DCX-100-3.html.

The Alpines were great but I had to see what the Hertz would do. So far I like the Hertz better. I would like to replace the center and the rears as well but still trying to dial in what I have for now.

Full disclosure, I am also using a Kicker 10” https://www.crutchfield.com/p_301DCX1003/Hertz-DCX-100-3.html to mitigate the base. Still trying to dial it all in

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, I did not. I actually replaced them with https://www.crutchfield.com/p_301DCX1003/Hertz-DCX-100-3.html.

The Alpines were great but I had to see what the Hertz would do. So far I like the Hertz better. I would like to replace the center and the rears as well but still trying to dial in what I have for now.

Full disclosure, I am also using a Kicker 10” https://www.crutchfield.com/p_301DCX1003/Hertz-DCX-100-3.html to mitigate the base. Still trying to dial it all in
Was there a reason why you did not use the base blockers? I’m just trying to understand if you even need them or not. What are the pros or cons? Thank you in advance.

Rat

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Was there a reason why you did not use the base blockers? I’m just trying to understand if you even need them or not. What are the pros or cons? Thank you in advance.
No reason other than the fact the speakers can handle 70-21,000 Hz. That plus the fact the B&O system seems to be limiting what is reaching the speakers anyways.

I have had them to 20 and they did not show any issues. I don’t see myself going beyond 20 so that works for me.
Sponsored