First Name
JAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This stereo is not great…what is the easiest upgrade that would make the biggest impact? I know nothing about stereos. I mean nothing.
Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assume nothing, especially b/c you say you know nothing.

Have you adjusted the bass / mid / treble settings?

OP
OP
StreetTuff

StreetTuff

Badlands
First Name
JAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I’ve done that. Now do I swap speakers? Would that help? I‘ve read all the post about speakers, amps, new dsp, bass blockers, cross overs, fuses, amps, speaker boxes…I have no clue what most of those even do. I’m looking for fast and easy. If that is not possible I’ll head to a car stereo shop. Just hoping some of the experts can give advice to a novice.

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I’ve done that. Now do I swap speakers? Would that help? I‘ve read all the post about speakers, amps, new dsp, bass blockers, cross overs, fuses, amps, speaker boxes…I have no clue what most of those even do. I’m looking for fast and easy. If that is not possible I’ll head to a car stereo shop. Just hoping some of the experts can give advice to a novice.
Went through the same thing. Wanted easy. Ended up doing the dash speakers, 6.5" mabett pods and 6.5" speakers in the rear, key 500.1 amp, kicker comp+ 8" sub, and killmat over everything and the sub box twice. Extremely happy with the results.

OP
OP
StreetTuff

StreetTuff

Badlands
First Name
JAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went through the same thing. Wanted easy. Ended up doing the dash speakers, 6.5" mabett pods and 6.5" speakers in the rear, key 500.1 amp, kicker comp+ 8" sub, and killmat over everything and the sub box twice. Extremely happy with the results.
What speakers up front? I keep seeing focal?

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The vast majority of the posts are those of us who have the base audio system, which is much worse than the B&O system.

There isn’t a whole lot you can do with the B&O system without spending a ton of money on it. Replacing the 4” speakers makes sense. But anything after that will get pricey in a hurry and suddenly you’re spending $1000+ while ripping out all the interior trim pieces.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What speakers up front? I keep seeing focal?
That’s like asking what kind of tires you should buy. Your gonna get a million different answers and non of them are necessarily wrong. Go down to a car audio shop and listen to the popular brands. Everyone’s ears are different.

For example I started with Focals up front, but found them extremely bright. Not pleasant to my ears. Work great for my rear pods though. Like you said, the Focals are very popular and will never argue with anyone who loves them, they just weren’t for me.

slinger91

Wildtrak
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This stereo is not great…what is the easiest upgrade that would make the biggest impact? I know nothing about stereos. I mean nothing.
I have the B&O on my WT MIC and I think it’s great. It’s not as good as the 19 speaker Harman Kardon in my Ram, but that one is pretty exceptional.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

And yes, the B&O needs an upgrade. The speakers are garbage. It’s not hard or expensive to swap the speakers and worth every penny. If you want to get serious swap the sub for a real one and add a small amp. Plenty of threads out there that walk you through it.

OP
OP
StreetTuff

StreetTuff

Badlands
First Name
JAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s like asking what kind of tires you should buy. Your gonna get a million different answers and non of them are necessarily wrong. Go down to a car audio shop and listen to the popular brands. Everyone’s ears are different.

For example I started with Focals up front, but found them extremely bright. Not pleasant to my ears. Work great for my rear pods though. Like you said, the Focals are very popular and will never argue with anyone who loves them, they just weren’t for me.

just looking for recommendations From the folks that have done this. So what did you end up with up front?

Sponsored

josh1121

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan XD Diesel 4x4, LandRover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And yes, the B&O needs an upgrade. The speakers are garbage. It’s not hard or expensive to swap the speakers and worth every penny. If you want to get serious swap the sub for a real one and add a small amp. Plenty of threads out there that walk you through it.
I think this is the issue, there are PLENTY of threads out there. I'm in the same boat as others in that its hard to make heads or tails of what would give you the best bang without simply pulling it all out. I have a WT with the B&O (but only because I wanted ACC), it doesn't suck, but I'd like more without putting a tailgate sub in. What I've gathered so far is:

Dynamat everywhere
Polyfill in the rear pods and sub enclosure
Leave the kick panel speakers
Change the dash with KS or C1s
Get a woofer for the center, but not a coaxial
KickerKey 500.1 and a Kicker 8" in the stock enclosure

Then I think:
KickerKey 200.4?
PlugandPLayKits harness?

Then it starts to fall off pretty quickly... and I know a fair bit about stereos, but I've been out of the game for a while...

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

just looking for recommendations From the folks that have done this. So what did you end up with up front?
Here is my install thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/b-o-sound-system-complete-upgrade-done-✅.41031/

I went through several brands before settling on JL and Focal combo. I have a hard time saying use exactly what I did, but I can say I’m extremely happy with my results, and countless people have told me the same after they followed along. There have also been people who were more budget conscious, and used cheap kickers etc, and were happy as well. Basically anything on the shelves is better than the cheap paper speakers Ford gave you.

Last edited:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are looking for bare bones effort and cost upgrade, just replace the two dash speakers with a pair that does well in the high range. It'll really bring the music to life as the Bronco B&O is missing the highs pretty badly IMO. I threw in some Alpine S-S40 for under $100 and the difference was VERY noticeable without having to change anything else. Night and day difference.

Great cheap way to get started.

OP
OP
StreetTuff

StreetTuff

Badlands
First Name
JAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are looking for bare bones effort and cost upgrade, just replace the two dash speakers with a pair that does well in the high range. It'll really bring the music to life as the Bronco B&O is missing the highs pretty badly IMO. I threw in some Alpine S-S40 for under $100 and the difference was VERY noticeable without having to change anything else. Night and day difference.

Great cheap way to get started.
Yes Thank you!
Sponsored