First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
some of us run a tuner...and it would seem rather like a castration to the upgrade to put it in that mode....
It's a castration on even the normal mode, extra mushy pedal, shittastic shift points, just garbage all around.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Drive a stick and you wouldn’t have to worry about those modes lol
pretty sure ECO still makes the throttle mushy on the 2.3...on o ur Badlands 2.3 7 speed, the turbo lag seemed extra with the "slo mode" engaged.

If anything it's worse with the stick shift because when you release the throttle ( to shift) and lose boost pressure the Eco Mode takes it even longer to give you that boost back conversely at least with the automatic since you have the throttle in a static position when it shifts typically your Boost doesn't drop off as drastically.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco ECO Mode deleted via Forscan! Finally. internet-tough-guy
I use sport mode exclusively out of just rebellious nature. My theory is all the extra fuel saving those Priuses are allowing gives me more fuel to actually use for myself. Thanks all you Eco nerds. In a few years after they can prove that humans were not the direct cause for climate change then all of this will go away and people will laugh at all the extra measures that people took to try and affect something that was happening naturally already and out of our control. I'll continue to drive in Sport and feel sporty doing it, all the while thinking all my eco-driving Bronco Buddies the gas you save is the gas I'll use. That's why they call us consumers cuz we consume stuff.

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco FE, 2 door base-mansquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone added Sport mode to their First Edition with Forescan? So bizarre its not included from factory.

Sponsored

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The real question is, does the new forscan allow the badlands to add sport mode!
Badlands doesnt come from the factory with Sport? First Edition doesnt either - wtf?? is there a reason for that? Is it possible that normal is Sport?

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Going to dig into this a bit more than usual for people not fully aware...

The drive modes are programmed into the ABS module on Ford vehicles (as well as a collection of supporting modules). They're obviously called GOAT modes on the Bronco, but fundamentally that's just marketing nonsense and there is nothing special about them when compared to other Ford vehicles and their drive modes

Forscan cannot add new features or takeaway existing features. It can only turn on or turn off features already programmed into the modules' firmware. To save on development costs, Ford has a universal firmware layer that is common across all Ford vehicles. Because of that common firmware layer, there are mutliple features that are available in the programming that are turned off on the Bronco for one reason or another. You can activate many of these features that are turned off with Forscan and/or FDRS. This is how @mpeugeot and others who really dabble with this stuff have figured out how to add things like Stop-and-Go to their Adaptive Cruise Control system

The thought was that because the Bronco Raptor has a Tow/Haul mode, the normal Bronco may also have a Tow/Haul mode and it's just turned off. And if it does, you could turn it on with Forscan.

I've played around with it for several hours now now, and while there is evidence of a Tow/Haul mode inside of the ABS module, it's pretty obvious the supporting cast of modules do not support it because they start spitting out all kinds of errors on the CAN bus when you try to turn it on. But there could be a module update in the future that changes all of that.
Dude - that was super helpful and informative - this whole forescan thing is completely new to me - any suggested posts here to start doing my own research? thanks again man -

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ultimately Ford would need to build it first, then we can consume it.

The biggest hurdle right now is the gauge cluster doesn't have the animations of graphics package for Tow/Haul mode. There are probably additional hurdles beyond that, but that's where I got stuck personally. So they would have to add a Tow/Haul mode first to a newer Bronco, then we have to hope the new firmware can be programmed to the old modules to add the animation.

BUT, now that Tow/Haul is a dealer-installed option I'm guessing that's not going to happen anytime soon. And should it happen at some point in the future, I betcha by then we'll have fully-digital screens on the Bronco. So instead of adding Tow/Haul mode we'll just be figuring out how to add the new screens to the older Broncos.
the more i read this thread the more Im thinking that our broncos are essentially iphones that will stop working once Ford stops supporting any models given software - is that an accurate assessment? Wish cars just worked because of mechanics like they used to, not software.

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
yes, i have done it on my FE and badlands
NICE! i want to add it to my FE man - have you noticed any issues because of it? Also - any idea why Ford left out of the FE / Badlands? Both are obviously top trims.

Sponsored

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If I am not mistaken when you first start the car it asks you if you want to return to the last mode (if other than Normal was selected)
mine does sometimes - usually when it's in slippery ... maybe there's a time limit

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
some of us run a tuner...and it would seem rather like a castration to the upgrade to put it in that mode....
whats a tuner man? sorry, kinda new to some of this stuff/software upgrades etc.

Brianew

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 08 Mustang, 2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

NICE! i want to add it to my FE man - have you noticed any issues because of it? Also - any idea why Ford left out of the FE / Badlands? Both are obviously top trims.
I have had no issues on either Bronco and I use Sport Mode all the time :)

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I added Sport Mode to my BL. It's a blast as I have several other mods that add to the fun. I honestly just skip over Eco on my way to sport. With my mods though. even my "normal" mode is a blast.