Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Forscan very newest release has an easy entry mode in the ABS module this is great news! It allows you to remove the Eco Mode completely without seemingly disrupting the others. Tow Haul mode is another story though it don't work for me without disrupting the rest.
Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m confused. Doesn’t the bronco always start up in normal. And sport is always next to normal?

[Edit] I stand corrected. I guess I never really paid attention.

Last edited:

Firewrench

Base
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch, F-350, Slingshot, H-D TriGlide
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fuuny, we have a 2.3 auto, only had it a couple months. Seems like the 10-speed is always in too high of a gear. We have small & big hills here. I find I’m frequently tapping the button to downshift. Tried sport mode, it’s a little busy for around town traffic. The wife called me Parnelli, that’s how old we are.
Today I tried eco mode for the first time. I seemed like a happy medium to me. Revs were a little higher in each gear, I guess the converter is in lock-up more? Felt good. Less mushy. This is city traffic, no chances for getting sporty. So what’s the negative of eco? If I’m out in the country or momma ain’t with me, I will simply change modes.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Fuuny, we have a 2.3 auto, only had it a couple months. Seems like the 10-speed is always in too high of a gear. We have small & big hills here. I find I’m frequently tapping the button to downshift. Tried sport mode, it’s a little busy for around town traffic. The wife called me Parnelli, that’s how old we are.
Today I tried eco mode for the first time. I seemed like a happy medium to me. Revs were a little higher in each gear, I guess the converter is in lock-up more? Felt good. Less mushy. This is city traffic, no chances for getting sporty. So what’s the negative of eco? If I’m out in the country or momma ain’t with me, I will simply change modes.
ECO = least throttle response , and tall gear early shifts.

NORMAL = between sport and eco

SPORT= snappy throttle response, earlier down shifts and revs out each gear more for RPMs before shifts .

Last edited:

Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well damn. Maybe I haven’t paid enough attention.

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Eco mode is much nicer around town.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you can't get it to start and stay in Sport what is 3 twists of dial instead of 2? (First twist only wakes up option to change instead of actually changing which I always thought is ignorant on programmers since with it already in normal a single twist ought to change to next choice. Tapping shift button changes gear not just telling Bronco hey next button push........)

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you can't get it to start and stay in Sport what is 3 twists of dial instead of 2? (First twist only wakes up option to change instead of actually changing which I always thought is ignorant on programmers since with it already in normal a single twist ought to change to next choice. Tapping shift button changes gear not just telling Bronco hey next button push........)
I feel like the first twist to wake the dial is a precautionary implement so it makes sure you actually meant to switch modes, because some of the modes change from 2h to 4L or 4H or 4A and require things to change. I know that sounds dumb but could you imagine the issues if say someone started playing with the knob and just started changing modes on the fly? That’s just my two cents on that. I never use ECO mode but I don’t see the need to eliminate it either cause it’s only one more turn to Sport. To each their own though.

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ehh, I spend most of my commute in Eco mode. No need for high revs going from traffic light to traffic light.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those that use Sport a lot I'm sure this is very welcome. Now whoever cracks the code to make it automatically start in the last used mode will be a legend.

Eco mode is much nicer around town.
For the most part yes but hill starts in Eco with the 7MT isn't a good time. I've stopped using it in town solely for that reason.

I feel like the first twist to wake the dial is a precautionary implement so it makes sure you actually meant to switch modes, because some of the modes change from 2h to 4L or 4H or 4A and require things to change. I know that sounds dumb but could you imagine the issues if say someone started playing with the knob and just started changing modes on the fly? That’s just my two cents on that. I never use ECO mode but I don’t see the need to eliminate it either cause it’s only one more turn to Sport. To each their own though.
The system has a few fail safes, it will give you a prompt if you try to shift to a mode that could cause damage.
Sponsored