Sponsored

External camera auto input to display via hero switch (via ForScan)?

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

.. in order to drive high speeds in darkness (no headlights turned on) and still be able to see the surroundings very easily on the display. I am just trying to recreate this on a much smaller budget.
Doesn't make sense, you are in PA, not AZ.

But seriously, what is the use for this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
GaryB2220

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Making sure I see deer at night and in heavy fog. I'm surrounded by at least 50 miles of state forests in all directions. The state forest to the west extends halfway across the state. The area is polluted with deer, bear, coyotes, and there are a fair number of Bob cats as well. In one morning, in this town of 3000, two different drivers hit bears IN TOWN on opposite sides of the borough. Most cars are fucked up from hitting deer. I've been waiting too long for this vehicle to let it get smashed up by a stupid deer. I've been looking for a massive grill guard as well as the infrared camera/ lights. It'll take probably 4 years to get my money back from insurance discounts. Comprehensive is about $800 a year up here. Those protections might knock it down to 150.

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This is what I thought is the purpose. But what do you then observe while driving, the road or constantly just the screen? You can't perceive both optical inputs at the same time?

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

which one of you caught me in the middle of my midnight jeans run home from the bar.

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 8.04.35 AM.png

OP
OP
GaryB2220

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what I thought is the purpose. But what do you then observe while driving, the road or constantly just the screen? You can't perceive both optical inputs at the same time?
Heat signatures show up bright white. So its just something to catch the peripherals while driving. The particular camera i am looking at also highlights heat signatures with green, yellow, and red boxes depending on distance from the vehicle

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

alot of modules including the(IPMB)have a vehicle speed signal going to them. all we need to do is cut that wire? or send a fake speed signal to the modules. this will also work with the mirror spot lights staying on at speed.
Sponsored