B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im looking to get the Eibach Coilovers for my 23 Badlands (Non Sas) 2.7
But I was just made aware that it might be a better idea to just add the Eibach springs instead and leave Stock shocks.
this will give me the same smooth ride I like but give me the lift I’m looking for.

At the moment I have the stock 33’s tires the Badlands comes with. But plan on adding 35’s down the line.

I’ve read through some of the threads, but can’t get a solid answer on which would be a better option for me.
Can anyone share experience with either option?

pros ?
cons ?

** Daily driver (Las vegas area) with beginner to moderate off-roading trails. No rock crawling.

37834E06-9173-4F95-95AA-A16712AAA789.jpeg

45D04D46-0DEF-4BB9-BE55-6C432406F064.jpeg
Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You would probably totally be happy with just the springs and you would save some money for those 35s. But if you did go with those coilovers you'd have adjustability to raise and lower to get the correct height your looking for after adding bumpers and armor (weight) if you decide to add any of that later down the road.

Just wanted to note I run those springs on a Sasquatch trim and I've installed those coilovers on a local guys Bronco and both are great choices no huge complaints with either of them, they perform very well for their price point.

OP
OP
BroncoVegas19

BroncoVegas19

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You would probably totally be happy with just the springs and you would save some money for those 35s. But if you did go with those coilovers you'd have adjustability to raise and lower to get the correct height your looking for after adding bumpers and armor (weight) if you decide to add any of that later down the road.

Just wanted to note I run those springs on a Sasquatch trim and I've installed those coilovers on a local guys Bronco and both are great choices no huge complaints with either of them, they perform very well for their price point.
I’m new to the suspension world, so please give me some rope here.

I read that both the badlands and Sas package have the same
Hoss 2.0 (Bilsteins Shocks) but different springs. Which is what gives it the extra
lift/hight that allows the 35’s the Sas package comes with to fit without rubbing.
Taking into account that the crash bars are removed also on Sas.

Also from what I’ve been told, the stock Bilsteins have a reservoir and the Eibach Coilovers don’t 🤷🏻‍♂️

Essentially I like to keep the ride I’ve been experiencing so far but add a lift so that I can add some 35’s 3-6 months from now.
Now I have read also that I don’t need a lift to my Badlands in order to fit some 35’s. But then again it’s cutting it close when it comes to rubbing.

I figure if the Bilsteins are on both the Badlands and Sasquatch package
All I really need is the springs for the extra 1.5-2” lift. ?

Or am I missing something ??

Black Wildtrak Bandit

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the Eibach coilovers installed on my Wildtrak. All four adjusted to max height for my 37s. I like more rake as I have a lot of gear and a RTT for weekend excursions. I don’t feel any difference in ride quality. Note that I also had a ReadyLIFT UCA installed.

Ford Bronco Eibach Coilovers vs Springs Badlands Non-Sas IMG_4739

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the Eibach coilovers installed on my Wildtrak. All four adjusted to max height for my 37s. I like more rake as I have a lot of gear and a RTT for weekend excursions. I don’t feel any difference in ride quality. Note that I also had a ReadyLIFT UCA installed.

Ford Bronco Eibach Coilovers vs Springs Badlands Non-Sas IMG_4739
Perfect this is what i was looking for, I am getting mine installed this week and was afraid I'd lose some of the rake.

I am running a +1mm offset. I am expecting to have some rubbing on the fender liner backside where that big plastic piece is underneath when running 37s.

Curious of your experience?

Sponsored

Black Wildtrak Bandit

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Perfect this is what i was looking for, I am getting mine installed this week and was afraid I'd lose some of the rake.

I am running a +1mm offset. I am expecting to have some rubbing on the fender liner backside where that big plastic piece is underneath when running 37s.

Curious of your experience?
My wheels are 20x10 with a -24 offset. The front fenders were an issue until I removed the useless plastic insert located behind the wheel well. I have Rokblokz XL mud-flaps installed, which allows the liner to be pushed well back … no rubbing at all! I’m running 37x12.50R20 Mickey Thompson EXP Legends.

e34john

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e10, e30, e34
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice, that is a great stance. Not going that big with mine but hows the nose dive while braking, that is one thing I want to fix. I probably have the lightest configuration with a base 7mt so it should be better than some of the loaded 4 doors but I still want to stiffen the front up a bit while keeping it comfy daily.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My badlands is non-sas and I’ll switch between the 33” KO2 with optional wheel from factory for daily to my other set when rock crawling/over landing which is a set of wild track takeoffs with 35” KO2. No modifications yet to suspension, still all factory and haven’t had a single rub moment but yes crash bars come off when I have 35” on. I would like another 1” height and liking this spring only idea rather then the coilovers but either way i did want to upgrade upper control arms and upgrade track bar so spring option leaves funds for the uppers and track bar upgrade.
Sponsored