First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I came back from vaca to a dead battery ( I forgot to pull the fuse on my hard wired dash cam) and after getting the vehicle jumped and on the road, all of the errors that I came home to cleared, except this parking brake. The brake functions as it should. It releases and grabs as it should. The error will not go away. I have tried disconnecting the battery for about 15 minutes, but the error persists. Any info on fixing this would be appreciated. Someone on a FB group said they had the same issue and it eventually cleared on its own, but its been almost 2 weeks now.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I came back from vaca to a dead battery ( I forgot to pull the fuse on my hard wired dash cam) and after getting the vehicle jumped and on the road, all of the errors that I came home to cleared, except this parking brake. The brake functions as it should. It releases and grabs as it should. The error will not go away. I have tried disconnecting the battery for about 15 minutes, but the error persists. Any info on fixing this would be appreciated. Someone on a FB group said they had the same issue and it eventually cleared on its own, but its been almost 2 weeks now.
Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you driven it much in the past 2 weeks? Might have to clear a certain number of cycles.

OP
OP
Oobeedoobenubi

Oobeedoobenubi

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have you driven it much in the past 2 weeks? Might have to clear a certain number of cycles.
Every day to work and back.

Sponsored

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You'll likely just need to get the code cleared that's it, if someone else's code cleared itself then it was based on either a base-km or base-time to auto clear. Had this happen on my Audi lots until I got my own OBD2 reader.

OP
OP
Oobeedoobenubi

Oobeedoobenubi

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got it fixed. It was pretty simple. Hooked up to the vehicle with forscan and reset the DTCs and it now is working as it should!

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got it fixed. It was pretty simple. Hooked up to the vehicle with forscan and reset the DTCs and it now is working as it should!
I have the same issue, but clearing doc with forscan did not work. The error came right back. Going to dealer tomorrow.

4XMORE

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Try pulling the lower trim panel under the steering wheel down and disconnecting and reconnecting the harness from the switch. Most issues I’ve seen are coming from there.
Sponsored