First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
trying to read through all 13 pages but have a quick question. If i have 23badlands high package can i enable stop and go or do i need lux package?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
trying to read through all 13 pages but have a quick question. If i have 23badlands high package can i enable stop and go or do i need lux package?
You must have adaptive cruise control, but there is a write-up on how to add adaptive cruise control to a high package Bronco on here somewhere, do a search (it's about $600 in parts).

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I successfully added stop and go to my badlands that has the Ford Procal tune without PCM relearn. I skipped the PCM relearn because I didn't want to go through the rigamarole of flashing back to stock. I would have done it later but wanted to see if it would work at first without it.

The stop and go didn't work 100% on my first test drive, it came to a full stop but then wouldn't let me turn cruise control back on. After I turned the truck off and on again, it fully worked on my second test drive. I'm guessing maybe it did its own open loop learning or something.

I also added it to a friend's 23 wildtrack in the same day, did the PCM relearn and it worked right away, so I do recommend you complete that step if you don't have an engine tune.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah the pcm relearn has it go out and reset the settings from the rest of the modules so everything is on the same page

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I successfully added stop and go to my badlands that has the Ford Procal tune without PCM relearn. I skipped the PCM relearn because I didn't want to go through the rigamarole of flashing back to stock. I would have done it later but wanted to see if it would work at first without it.

The stop and go didn't work 100% on my first test drive, it came to a full stop but then wouldn't let me turn cruise control back on. After I turned the truck off and on again, it fully worked on my second test drive. I'm guessing maybe it did its own open loop learning or something.

I also added it to a friend's 23 wildtrack in the same day, did the PCM relearn and it worked right away, so I do recommend you complete that step if you don't have an engine tune.
I made the Forscan changes on my 2023 Badlands 2.7 with LUX. I didn’t do a PCM relearn because I didn’t get any error messages.

Is the relearn procedure a feature of the Forscan software? Also, any other consequences to the relearn? Haven't tested out the stop and go yet, but hoping to avoid any unnecessary steps.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made the Forscan changes on my 2023 Badlands 2.7 with LUX. I didn’t do a PCM relearn because I didn’t get any error messages.

Is the relearn procedure a feature of the Forscan software? Also, any other consequences to the relearn? Haven't tested out the stop and go yet, but hoping to avoid any unnecessary steps.
The PCM relearn is just one of the other options you can select when viewing the list of modules where it shows the as built and regular selections. PCM has a 3rd option.

It warns you that if you have an engine tune you need to flash back to stock first.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anxious for the full write up to get speed limit sign recognition working. I've tried and I get the error message about it not being available. For those that have stop and go working, how long can you be stopped before it kicks off. Mine seems to be like 3 seconds. Not sure if that's normal.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anxious for the full write up to get speed limit sign recognition working. I've tried and I get the error message about it not being available. For those that have stop and go working, how long can you be stopped before it kicks off. Mine seems to be like 3 seconds. Not sure if that's normal.
yeah it goes off after three seconds, when traffic starts moving again you just hit resume and it will start back up.

Sponsored

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah it goes off after three seconds, when traffic starts moving again you just hit resume and it will start back up.
Same for me. It isn't exactly obvious but once you know, its smooth.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok. Thanks. Thought it was supposed to be automatic but that makes sense. I still have a hard time trusting it when approaching traffic at faster than 45 mph. Seems like I get too close before it starts slowing down. Guess I have trust issues...

SkiSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same...really nice in stop and go traffic. Slow acceleration to start, then it accelerates harder as traffic starts to move. Pretty well done.

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Confirming that I got this to work with just the two Forscan changes listed earlier in the thread. Didn’t do the PCM relearn. Already making for a more enjoyable drive in morning traffic.

Question: is there a way to enable “brake hold” (truck maintains brake even with foot off the pedal), for example, at red lights?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I found mine will restart if you hit the gas pedal.
Sponsored