KhoiPhish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anyone know which page has the step by step instructions? I'm going through so many pages...
Sponsored

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i tried turning on auto hold in forscan but it didnt show up in my menu the way it does in yours... im sure im missing something simple

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So after doing this mod, while testing rain-sensing, I noticed there was an option for Auto-Hold in the APIM and it seems to be working. When I was doing normal driving (not adaptive cruise), I came to a stop manually and it continued holding the brakes after I let off the pedal. It didn't release until I touched the gas, just as you'd expect Auto-hold to work.

Did I change something in the past that this feature is showing up? I didn't make any APIM changes for this.

It was amazingly difficult to get my foot visible and find a place that didn't have 20 people wandering around doing God knows what when I'm trying to avoid drawing attention to myself, but you can see that when it's not in cruise control, it's holding the brakes automatically.

PXL_20231117_212046584.jpg

I just got done adding Stop and Go to my Bronco and I noticed your post about the Auto Hold. So I decided to give it a try and enabled it in the APIM. Showed up in the Sync menu but couldn't actually enable it, couldn't slide the button. So I Googled and found someone else that had enabled this feature on another Ford product, you also have to enable it in the IPC. Once I enabled it in the IPC volla, it works. Funny thing, when I went to enable it I had the door open and didn't have my seatbelt on (obviously, since I was still playing with Forscan), it popped up a message on the cluster telling me I had to close the door and put my seatbelt on before I could enable it, I did and it did enable.

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It wouldn't let me slide the button either the first time I saw it, maybe because I didn't have my seatbelt on. Went to show my wife "this option appeared" while driving and it enabled.

Comparing my factory APIM AsBuilt to current and previous revisions, it's interesting.

Factory:
7D0-01-03000D00002Exx
7D0-01-0406E2010000xx

AsFound, shortly after enabling Stop-and-Go in BodyCM and ABS:
7D0-01-03004D00002Exx
7D0-01-0406E2010001xx

The first change (7D0-01-03, xx4x xxxx xx) is Autohold Enabled -- I never made that change, it must have been forced by the BodyCM or ABS.

The second change (7D0-01-04, xxxx xxxx x1), I have no idea. It's not in the Sync 4 APIM database.

i tried turning on auto hold in forscan but it didnt show up in my menu the way it does in yours...
I guess check APIM 7D0-01-03 xxXx xxxx xxxx, see if it's a 0 or a 4.

Last edited:

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 Wildtrack Lux w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Once I can figure everything out, I'll probably make a video to help others get through forscan as well.
Please make a very detailed video! That would be super helpful for people that aren't as efficient with the process of using forescan and changes like this

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got done adding Stop and Go to my Bronco and I noticed your post about the Auto Hold. So I decided to give it a try and enabled it in the APIM. Showed up in the Sync menu but couldn't actually enable it, couldn't slide the button. So I Googled and found someone else that had enabled this feature on another Ford product, you also have to enable it in the IPC. Once I enabled it in the IPC volla, it works. Funny thing, when I went to enable it I had the door open and didn't have my seatbelt on (obviously, since I was still playing with Forscan), it popped up a message on the cluster telling me I had to close the door and put my seatbelt on before I could enable it, I did and it did enable.
Wow, thank you both if you managed to figure this out. The other day, the sunlight hit my center gauge cluster at that perfect angle where you can see the location of all the analog unlit warning lights. I was focused on the right side of the cluster and didn’t see “Auto Hold”, so I had almost lost hope. But turns out it shows up in the digital gauge cluster. Will report back if I can get this to work.

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It wouldn't let me slide the button either the first time I saw it, maybe because I didn't have my seatbelt on. Went to show my wife "this option appeared" while driving and it enabled.

Comparing my factory APIM AsBuilt to current and previous revisions, it's interesting.

Factory:
7D0-01-03000D00002Exx
7D0-01-0406E2010000xx

AsFound, shortly after enabling Stop-and-Go in BodyCM and ABS:
7D0-01-03004D00002Exx
7D0-01-0406E2010001xx

The first change (7D0-01-03, xx4x xxxx xx) is Autohold Enabled -- I never made that change, it must have been forced by the BodyCM or ABS.

The second change (7D0-01-04, xxxx xxxx x1), I have no idea. It's not in the Sync 4 APIM database.

I guess check APIM 7D0-01-03 xxXx xxxx xxxx, see if it's a 0 or a 4.
I went into the apim in easy mode and toggled it on and now it works!

it wont engage without using the seatbelt while driving, THX!!

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you nailed it, can confirm its working with just the 2 changes

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh my god I'm going [redacted].
I found it odd that the IPC doesn't give any prompts about Stop-and-Go or auto-hold. I recall a rental Expedition prompting to press Resume when the car ahead pulled away. I changed the IPC Easymode settings for Autohold and CMbB to see if that would allow the prompts to appear.

I just needed a simple condition: A stopped car ahead of me, nobody behind me, so I'm not holding up traffic seeing if/how long until it resumes automatically.

Apparently that's just too much to ask for. I drove for nearly 40 minutes and there'd either be a car behind me, the car ahead creeping forward the entire time, train track so I had to manually stop early, or on the final FINAL intersection, the car ahead started driving through the intersection on red JUST before my car stops.

I don't see an autohold prompt, but apparently I need a priest and the blood of a virgin to determine if there's a Stop-and-Go IPC prompt.

KhoiPhish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Please make a very detailed video! That would be super helpful for people that aren't as efficient with the process of using forescan and changes like this
Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out who provided instructions so far that has got it fully working.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out who provided instructions so far that has got it fully working.
Depends on what you mean by 'fully working'.

Stop-and-Go, Auto-Hold, Lane Centering, Traffic Sign Recognition?
Nobody. TSR and Lane Centering still haven't been figured out on Bronco

Stop-and-Go, Auto-Hold?
Couple people starting on page 15. Here's my comment on what I did

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely unbelievable. I can confirm Stop-and-Go is working in my 2022 OBX 2.7 Non-tow. I'm kind of upset now that it was just two values. Lane-centering would be nice but this was my main Want. Now I'll have to find something else to complain about....

My process was similar enough.
  • BodyCM easymode, change 'Cruise Control' to 'Adaptive Cruise Control, Stop and Go'
  • Numerous IPC warnings about collision warning and whatnot appeared
  • ABS AsBuilt, changed 760-03-01 B*** **** to F*** ****
  • All IPC warnings cleared on their own
  • Cleared stored fault codes
  • edit: Determined in the future, also APIM Easymode "Auto-Hold" [Enabled], it will show up under Driver Assistance, must have seatbelt buckled and door shut to enable

I couldn't find the PCM Relearn option. I'm using Forscan v2.4.8beta.

But just like that, the Bronco comes to a full and complete stop and will continue holding the brakes for me. It was pretty dang slow to resume speed when I hit RES, but that may be because I was in eco mode, gap set to 2 bars. I haven't determined yet if it will automatically resume after a few seconds; wasn't going to hold up 5pm traffic just to satisfy a curiousity that I can easily find out over the weekend.
You may need to make a new preset profile (when loading forscan and connecting to your vehicle) where it scans all your modules and saves the list for faster loading. Mine was missing until I made a new profile.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh my god I'm going [redacted].
I found it odd that the IPC doesn't give any prompts about Stop-and-Go or auto-hold. I recall a rental Expedition prompting to press Resume when the car ahead pulled away. I changed the IPC Easymode settings for Autohold and CMbB to see if that would allow the prompts to appear.

I just needed a simple condition: A stopped car ahead of me, nobody behind me, so I'm not holding up traffic seeing if/how long until it resumes automatically.

Apparently that's just too much to ask for. I drove for nearly 40 minutes and there'd either be a car behind me, the car ahead creeping forward the entire time, train track so I had to manually stop early, or on the final FINAL intersection, the car ahead started driving through the intersection on red JUST before my car stops.

I don't see an autohold prompt, but apparently I need a priest and the blood of a virgin to determine if there's a Stop-and-Go IPC prompt.
there isn’t a prompt, there is a ding and the cruise cancels and the speed turns gray. Then you either hit the gas or his resume/cancel and it starts back up.
Sponsored