Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Define later...

im already nervous that some government legislation is going to strangle combustion engines entirely.
It's already that way in the EU. no new gas or diesel vehicles by 2025. I remember reading something that hybrid vehicles are still allowed to be produced as a transitionary measure to full electric however.

I'm already resigned to this being my last ICE vehicle, and simply hope that there's more desirable electric vehicles in the next few years (which i'm sure there will be). I'm sure I'll miss it a little, but the world's gotta change, no getting around it.
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has it been confirmed if the 2.7 liter in bronco will use the shitty plastic oil pan like the f150 read a lot of bad things about it leaking all the time

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's already that way in the EU. no new gas or diesel vehicles by 2025. I remember reading something that hybrid vehicles are still allowed to be produced as a transitionary measure to full electric however.

I'm already resigned to this being my last ICE vehicle, and simply hope that there's more desirable electric vehicles in the next few years (which i'm sure there will be). I'm sure I'll miss it a little, but the world's gotta change, no getting around it.
Yeah, I thought California had made some directive for 2030 regarding Electric Vehicles.

I agree, I anticipate this will be my last new purely internal combustion engine, solely because I donā€™t foresee myself moving to Mississippi... which will be the last holdout.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2.3 for the stick, and 2.7 for the slush box. Anything else is folly.

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That might work for the girls you get with. But over here, when you need tape, you need master-class skills...

6f12c56187ec03620b94731fae1051a6[1].gif

Otherwise you're really just playing silly games such as....

tenor[1].gif
NGF[1].gif

Just be careful who you're calling out, there's always that one guy who's going to shame the entire group at the hot tub dip.

4wuT[1].gif
I donā€™t consider it shaming if itā€™s a factor in the decision making process.

I was sold on the 2.7 for 2 reasons:
1.) Direct Fuel Injection vs Port
2.) Always upgrade where responsible. Iā€™d rather upgrade the engine than the technology.

Iā€™m perfectly happy to leave that little bonnet closed for the entirety of its manufacturerā€™s warranty. So, with the upgrade at engine, Iā€™m not having any buyers remorse. Once the warranty wraps up, then youā€™re just making improvements (cold-air intake, Intercooler, & cat-back system upgrade) and not playing catch up.

besides... my wife already killed the manual transmission, so might as well with the upgraded engine becoming cheaper within the package.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Get what you think you'll have the most fun with. For me, that's the 2.7