First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
One of the reasons I purchased the Injen was because of how their system removed restrictions the stock system and other systems had. I wonder as well with the 23 models if the change in the sensor is registering to much air? Could that be an issue? The 21 and 22 may have a different sensor, and it compensates for the increased flow perhaps?

Since I have installed the system, I have not had a single code.
I attempted the install yesterday in my 21, 2.3. Had a hard time getting the intercooler hose off, so I gave up for the time being. Also, I broke the green and grey clip from one of the CCV tubing connector. No vacuum leaks to speak of, but I need to go to Ford and get a replacement.

Did you have any issues like I did installing it?
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I attempted the install yesterday in my 21, 2.3. Had a hard time getting the intercooler hose off, so I gave up for the time being. Also, I broke the green and grey clip from one of the CCV tubing connector. No vacuum leaks to speak of, but I need to go to Ford and get a replacement.

Did you have any issues like I did installing it?
I have a 2.7 so my issues were this.

For the CAI, I had issues getting to both the hot side pipes, especially on the driver side.

Getting those hoses off was a pain, and then somehow they just popped off. Luckily I did not break them. It was like I hit a magic button in the correct place.

For my charge pipes, the biggest issue was reaching a bolt on the cold side, which also had a backing nut you had to hold.

Getting the hoses off the intercooler was pretty easy. My advice to you is to get that metal C clip FULLY OFF. You need to be holding it lol. Even if it's somewhat attached, I found the hose will not come off clean. With it all the way off, they just popped off.

Just take your time and come back when you get frustrated with it. It will be worth it when you get it done, but yes, Injen installs can be very frustrating.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great advice. Thanks!

So, on the intercooler tubes - loosen and remove the clamp completely then the tubing should come right off? Also, you mean hold the clip while attempting to remove it?

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great advice. Thanks!

So, on the intercooler tubes - loosen and remove the clamp completely then the tubing should come right off? Also, you mean hold the clip while attempting to remove it?
Well, what I meant is that you need to have the clip fully removed. It should be in your hand when it's done. Just take it off all the way. Then put it aside. It's not hard to put it back into place when you are ready to put it back on.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, what I meant is that you need to have the clip fully removed. It should be in your hand when it's done. Just take it off all the way. Then put it aside. It's not hard to put it back into place when you are ready to put it back on.
Ok gotcha. Im a little concerned about the clip I broke on the CCV tubing, but Im currently not throwing any errors, so I think ill be fine with the new intake.

Again, will reach out to my dealership here in Vegas to see about a replacement.

Sponsored

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Finally got the intake yesterday - was kind of a pain in the ass. No error codes, however I will be ordering the breather tube with the orange clips as I slightly broke it. All in all, turbo spooling is much more present along with a deep growl when getting on the gas.

Lastly, whats your trick for cleaning the filter?

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine also has come on mostly lately when the temperature gets cold but I'm in Wisconsin so it gets cold a lot. And once it comes on I have no way to reset it, It doesn't reset itself. Not sure if you're able to reset it somehow. 🤔
Some vehicles, BMW for example, require a specific amount of stop start cycles to clear a code. I think it used to be 11. Maybe Ford has a similar cycle count?

TLF63

Heritage
First Name
Linn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I talked with someone at Injen about 2 weeks ago. He told me they actually have a fix for this issue but they don't want to put it out quite yet. He said to watch their Instagram page or even on the Facebook page of theirs. They want to give it some more testing but it's a very easy fix. They will send out a part that needs to be changed out. He said Ford needs to stop messing around with their tuning because every time they change the tune it throws the sensors out of whack and they don't want to have to send out another part so they're trying to get it right the first time. Anyways, the fix is coming. 🙂 In the meantime I'm still driving around with my engine light on. 🫤
Have you got any more updates from Injen? I got the same problem.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you got any more updates from Injen? I got the same problem.
No, he said to call back and check in anytime. I haven't yet. He also said check there Instagram, but I am not on that. 🫤

EBorgie

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BaseSquatch 2016 Dodge Charger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anybody have any updates on this? I have the intake sitting in my garage waiting to install but I want the fix first as MA is strict on inspections and mine is due next month.

Sponsored

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody have any updates on this? I have the intake sitting in my garage waiting to install but I want the fix first as MA is strict on inspections and mine is due next month.
Yeah, I talked to the same guy again last week, Jay, he said they were manufacturing the part that day and then we're going to put it on a vehicle that is known to throw the code and see how it worked out before they release the part. He said it should be coming soon. 🫤

TLF63

Heritage
First Name
Linn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Got this update yesterday:

Thank you for your extreme patience with us. I just got an update from our R&D guys, and they notified they were finally able to recievew the material they needed and machined fittings to test this out. We have a local 2023 Bronco with the same issue that is going to be testing out the new tube with the new machined fitting. They mentioned that the guy is going to have to drive with new tube for about 2-3 weeks, to see if the code is triggered. If it does not get triggered we will send out the new tube under warranty to you. The code you are getting from the intake is just an emissions code and will not cause any damage what so ever to the engine itself. I will keep you updated regarding the test Bronco ! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns !

Best regards,
Lucas Delgado | Research & Development |
244 Pioneer Place | Pomona,
CA 91768

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got this update yesterday:

Thank you for your extreme patience with us. I just got an update from our R&D guys, and they notified they were finally able to recievew the material they needed and machined fittings to test this out. We have a local 2023 Bronco with the same issue that is going to be testing out the new tube with the new machined fitting. They mentioned that the guy is going to have to drive with new tube for about 2-3 weeks, to see if the code is triggered. If it does not get triggered we will send out the new tube under warranty to you. The code you are getting from the intake is just an emissions code and will not cause any damage what so ever to the engine itself. I will keep you updated regarding the test Bronco ! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns !

Best regards,
Lucas Delgado | Research & Development |
244 Pioneer Place | Pomona,
CA 91768
I heard the same thing at least two or three weeks ago. So who knows what they're actually doing or when they're doing it! 🫤

Alblinestar

Wildtrak
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 TT Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
im having the same issue with my S&B CAI. I took one off a 2021 2.7 and installed on my 2022 2.7 and it threw the code. can't seem to troubleshoot it. I've checked the sensor and everything was installed the same way we took it off. we've cleared the code multiple times and it always comes back

EBorgie

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BaseSquatch 2016 Dodge Charger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any more updates? Its starting to get nice in new england so I would like to get my intake on but not if I am going to have to change parts out after. My messages to Injen have gone unanswered.
Sponsored