Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi everyone,

At the beach today a pedestrian was crossing the road and I made a sudden stop. Nothing at all too drastic. But the truck stalled out with a message saying, shift to P then restart engine. About 10 minutes later, I made a left hand turn from about 10 mph to a side street and the truck stalled out with the same message.
Coincidently I did check ground cables and battery cables last night before making my trip, a preflight inspection.
Any idea or anyone seen this ?

Ford Bronco Error popped up engine stalled 2.3 IMG_0070
Sponsored

Last edited:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or the fuel pump is giving up the ghost….good luck.

OP
OP
Broncolli

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Something to think about thanks. Will chk with dealer. I also think it may be related to auto start stop.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I saw that message when my fuel pump died but it died hard, there was no restarting it was a tow to the dealership.

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Something to think about thanks. Will chk with dealer. I also think it may be related to auto start stop.
There are a lot of reasons to dislike ASS, but I doubt it's relevant to this case. It sounds like the torque converter failed to disengage and/or the transmission failed to downshift and it stalled the engine. ASS is intentional and only happens at a complete stop, and it knows to restart itself when pressure on the brake pedal is released. My chips are placed solidly on the transmission.

OP
OP
Broncolli

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

here is a Ford Maverick thread about the same thing. Dealer told him the transmission "valve body outta spec"

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...hutting-off-when-i-come-to-a-full-stop.13631/
There are a lot of reasons to dislike ASS, but I doubt it's relevant to this case. It sounds like the torque converter failed to disengage and/or the transmission failed to downshift and it stalled the engine. ASS is intentional and only happens at a complete stop, and it knows to restart itself when pressure on the brake pedal is released. My chips are placed solidly on the transmission.
Despite the easy to make double entendres - I hope the dealer can pull some codes from the transmission. Thanks for the input. I have a long ride back today so I will see if it does it again and also pay attention to the shifting.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Despite the easy to make double entendres - I hope the dealer can pull some codes from the transmission. Thanks for the input. I have a long ride back today so I will see if it does it again and also pay attention to the shifting.
Yeah I was kinda chuckling to myself while I wrote it
Sponsored