First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 F-150, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First, we love our 2021 Bronco Badlands... But, the Bronco throws codes when Driver's side front door is removed. Additionally, you have to manually override the interior and puddle lights. It has been to the dealership twice for this issue; June of 2022 and May of 2023. At the end of each trip to the dealer, I was told that Ford was aware of the problem and that they were working on a fix for it with NO follow up there after. Ford has provided me with a 5 year/75,000 extended warranty for my trouble but I want my Bronco to function as it was designed.
Independent inspection (by me) of each of the receptacles where the door electrical system plugs in reveals that driver's door (where the issue is coming from) appears different from all of the rest as there is no "blade connector" present. See pictures, Image #2 is the affected door plug.

Bronco 1.jpg

Bronco 2.jpg

Bronco 3.jpg

Bronco 4.jpg

Bronco 5.jpg

Bronco 6.jpg

Bronco 7.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
DeputyDawg

DeputyDawg

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 F-150, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone got any ideas? Ford?

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually met a software engineer on the Bronco at the Vegas Off-Roadeo and I noted the only issue I've had so far is the radio/screen staying on after the vehicle is shut off periodically with the doors off. He was really receptive and followed up with me for analytics from my vehicle, naturally it hasn't happened since and I've had the doors on most of the time.

I'll probably take them off after a trip to the mtns this weekend so I'll follow up. The general consensus is moisture gets on the pins and leads to incorrect/variable voltage readings.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
DeputyDawg

DeputyDawg

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 F-150, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I have looked at many of the treads on this topic. Look at my second picture... I think my Bronco is equipped with the wrong connector (female side) for the driver's door. There is no "blade connector" (the shiny flat piece that shorts out the system and apparently sends signals to the vehicle that lets it know that the doors are disconnected)... Top picture is the passenger's side (that works, fine) ; bottom is the driver's side.

Bronco 1.jpg

Bronco 2.jpg
Sponsored