First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine had 6 miles...I would not be happy if others phones were connected to my Bronco. Unacceptable.
Sponsored

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drive in reverse to get them off. Just kidding. That sucks.

FrankyHotdogs

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does 100 miles matter in the scheme of things? It is much more likely the miles were accumulated for legitimate reasons than people joyriding. Either way, I’m not sure it’s worth the stress and seems petty.

Let’s assume the worst case, someone from the factory or dealership put 100 miles driving your vehicle around for a day or more. It wasn’t your vehicle before you took delivery, so they would have been the ones responsible for any damage. Is it in bad taste? Sure, but what type of compensation would you be looking for to resolve the matter? Are you looking for the vehicle to be sold as used and discounted , someone to lose their job, a written apology, etc? For me it’s easier to just shrug off and move on.

I’m supposed to take delivery of my bronco next week. I plan on keeping it until the wheels fall off. Unless the odometer is over a few hundred miles I can’t imagine voicing any concerns with my dealer, and even then I’d probably still purchase the vehicle at msrp with no second thoughts.

Sponsored
OP
OP

schlumpj

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does 100 miles matter in the scheme of things? It is much more likely the miles were accumulated for legitimate reasons than people joyriding. Either way, I’m not sure it’s worth the stress and seems petty.

Let’s assume the worst case, someone from the factory or dealership put 100 miles driving your vehicle around for a day or more. It wasn’t your vehicle before you took delivery, so they would have been the ones responsible for any damage. Is it in bad taste? Sure, but what type of compensation would you be looking for to resolve the matter? Are you looking for the vehicle to be sold as used and discounted , someone to lose their job, a written apology, etc? For me it’s easier to just shrug off and move on.

I’m supposed to take delivery of my bronco next week. I plan on keeping it until the wheels fall off. Unless the odometer is over a few hundred miles I can’t imagine voicing any concerns with my dealer, and even then I’d probably still purchase the vehicle at msrp with no second thoughts.
No 100 miles does not matter in the grand scheme of things unless they are abusive miles. I was not looking for compensation or an apology just wondering how several hours of driving was done on the bronco I ordered. It is that plain and simple just an understanding of why. I will still take delivery and be happy as can be. I thought this forum was to ask questions like this. I asked the dealership and they were confused as well and thought it was more miles than any they had ever seen on a newly delivered vehicle.. Have a great day.

FrankyHotdogs

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No 100 miles does not matter in the grand scheme of things unless they are abusive miles. I was not looking for compensation or an apology just wondering how several hours of driving was done on the bronco I ordered. It is that plain and simple just an understanding of why. I will still take delivery and be happy as can be. I thought this forum was to ask questions like this. I asked the dealership and they were confused as well and thought it was more miles than any they had ever seen on a newly delivered vehicle.. Have a great day.
I’ve worked as a dealership for 20 years now, from used car porter, to new car porter, to warranty admin, to parts manager. The family of dealerships i work for is in metro Detroit, so they are pretty close to some of the manufacturing plants. The average mileage when I was checking in new cars (20 years ago) was in the 10s to 60 miles typically. Occasionally he mileage would be in the 100-300 but would come with a sticker saying the vehicle was pulled for random quality control. I believe the tag also mentioned something along the lines of “leave the tag on the window for delivery”. I assume it was so the customer would see. We usually removed everything pre-delivery because our customers seemed more concerned with the glue residue left from window stickers than the mileage itself, but procedure probably varies from dealer to dealer.

Ford preps are all charged internally to the new car department, but Lincoln preps are paid by Ford through warranty submission. While I never prepped any vehicles myself I did see the recorded mileage. I can’t remember anything over 100 miles off the top of my head, but it’s been a few years.

I can only speak to the three dealers I’ve worked at, but in general the more expensive/uncommon the vehicle is the less our prep techs and salesmen wanted to drive it. No one wants to be on the hook for a chipped windshield/body repair/paint damage on a delivered vehicle. Again, this likely varies from dealer to dealer, based on payment plans and culture.

I also agree this is a forum. You asked a question and I gave my opinion. I don’t see a problem with either of our posts. 🤷‍♂️

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not uncommon. Mine had like 60-70 miles. I don’t even remember now.

jkass

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine had 100 miles on it at delivery! Probably had to move cars like Tetris pieces a lot while “in production” sitting on dirt mountain for 4 months.

Last edited:

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got mine last week, had 72 miles on it. Also, it had been built in late April, but didn't ship till late July. Sounds pretty normal.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you are off-road selected, they put a note on the back of drivers side window. i had 100+ miles and was happy, not one problem and they gave it a shake-down.
I had 70 and it's been flawless, so maybe some good happened.

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had 114 miles on mine. I think maybe it got tested a little or enjoyed. Either way, I have it. The bigger question for me after the milage was, what was the MPG? Mine was at 13 MPG. Now shows a little less than 17 MPG.
Sponsored