Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone familiar with the Carven Exhaust Dump Kit?

I am looking for a way to get rid of the stock muffler and use that space for an air compressor and tank. Metalcloak makes an exhaust skid that I want to repurpose as a mounting surface for the gear I want to install.

What are everyone's thoughts? Should I dump the exhaust in front of the rear axle (Legal in my state, God bless Texas) or install a mid-muffler system and cut up the skid plate to accommodate the exhaust pipe on the left side of the vehicle?

Ford Bronco Exhaust Dump or Relocate Muffler? b0401-new-with-logo (1)

Ford Bronco Exhaust Dump or Relocate Muffler? 1_b9247be2-90ae-4fc8-9955-41396c3b6c75_800x
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone familiar with the Carven Exhaust Dump Kit?

I am looking for a way to get rid of the stock muffler and use that space for an air compressor and tank. Metalcloak makes an exhaust skid that I want to repurpose as a mounting surface for the gear I want to install.

What are everyone's thoughts? Should I dump the exhaust in front of the rear axle (Legal in my state, God bless Texas) or install a mid-muffler system and cut up the skid plate to accommodate the exhaust pipe on the left side of the vehicle?

Ford Bronco Exhaust Dump or Relocate Muffler? 1_b9247be2-90ae-4fc8-9955-41396c3b6c75_800x

I did the rough country muffler delete as it was the cheapest. My plan was to see how it sounded first and if I could tolerate it, I was going to stick water storage under there.

It is a little on the loud side on cold start and when doing heavy acceleration to merge onto traffic on the highway.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have the Corsa dual tips but also ordered the high clearance pipe. It replaces the front muffler with theirs and then it pipes either after the axle on driver's side for HC pipe or to a Y pipe for the dual tips. Sound is subjective but it's loud enough where I don't blast out of the driveway or from stop lights but I love the pops and crackles and it's deep at WOT. With the HC you'd have all the space where the rear muffler was with at least one muffler off the cat.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not familiar with that particular product but I have the flowmaster equivalent for a train horn

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the RC delete as well, also because it was cheapest lol.

I don't have complaints about the noise, personally. Just right for me 👌 cold starts when it's 0 degrees out sound neat 😋

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs