BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do not have my Bronco here yet, its currently working through shipping to get here. I'd like to swap the exhaust when I do get it, and have a few questions. What size is the factory pipe coming back under the cab? I'm looking to do a simple inline muffler there, and something simple over the axle. I'm wanting to utlize the room from removing the giant factory muffler for possible additions for trail/overland camping. I dont want something too Honda Civic coffee can sounding, but dont mind a little more grumble. Price is obviously my biggest driving factor in doing this myself. Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated! Almost forgot it is a 4dr 2.3 OBX.
Sponsored

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The one I'm looking at is the AFE Hi Tuck Exhaust. The price is very atractive and I think it fits your criteria.

From the videos and reviews (some of them aren't the hi tuck, instead the single or dual exhaust ones, but they seem to sound similar), its about the same noise level as stock but deeper and doesn't drone.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not have my Bronco here yet, its currently working through shipping to get here. I'd like to swap the exhaust when I do get it, and have a few questions. What size is the factory pipe coming back under the cab? I'm looking to do a simple inline muffler there, and something simple over the axle. I'm wanting to utlize the room from removing the giant factory muffler for possible additions for trail/overland camping. I dont want something too Honda Civic coffee can sounding, but dont mind a little more grumble. Price is obviously my biggest driving factor in doing this myself. Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated! Almost forgot it is a 4dr 2.3 OBX.
Check out AFE's Apollo Series 3" cat-back. There is one model that is basically what you describe...a single muffler under the cab area with the pipe going straight back over the axel housing and straight out the back. Draw back is it's a bit loud. I went with the second Apollo model which has both the under cab muffler and a small resonator located where the factory muffler sits. The resonator is tucked-up a bit higher than the factory muffler but it is 75% smaller. It has a nice deep tone.

OP
OP
BigRed13

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Check out AFE's Apollo Series 3" cat-back. There is one model that is basically what you describe...a single muffler under the cab area with the pipe going straight back over the axel housing and straight out the back. Draw back is it's a bit loud. I went with the second Apollo model which has both the under cab muffler and a small resonator located where the factory muffler sits. The resonator is tucked-up a bit higher than the factory muffler but it is 75% smaller. It has a nice deep tone.
I do like the sound of that kit you went with! I just wish it didnt utilize so much space with the resonator. thats right where I'm trying to put some additions in. What a price difference in the two kits also! Cant believe the resonator and 2 more feet of pipe cost that much more. Is the factory pipe off the cat 3" or 2.5"?

diggs44060

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the magnaflo street series Axl back on my 2.7 badsquatch..love it😁

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do like the sound of that kit you went with! I just wish it didnt utilize so much space with the resonator. thats right where I'm trying to put some additions in. What a price difference in the two kits also! Cant believe the resonator and 2 more feet of pipe cost that much more. Is the factory pipe off the cat 3" or 2.5"?
Existing is 2.5" from the cat flex connector back.

KurtVW

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone tried to wrap the muffler and the pipe on either side of the muffler maybe 2 feet either way to see if it quiets it a little
Sponsored