Sponsored

Extended warranties: Best source Official Ford or third party ?

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I should have purchased the extended warranty for about $1,500 when I bought my 2022 in October, but I passed. It's got just under 19K miles currently which is more than I'll typically put on it a year after this year (remote living 3 hours from my home town accounts for the extra miles). I figure no more than 15k miles a calander year going forward.

I do not plan on ever selling it, and plan on passing it on to my son at some point.

I'm looking at different plans that are full coverage up till 100,001 miles, and they're all running about $3,000-$3,400 with the ability to cancel at any time, get a refund or stop payments. These plans all cover mechanical, and electrical issues with $100 deductibles per incident, and specify OEM replacement parts.

The question is: buy the Ford plan, buy a plan from Grainger or there's a third co. Endurance that looks like a pretty good plan, or some other co. I haven't come across yet ?

I hope I don't have major issues before 100,000k, and would really rather have something that extends out beyond 100K when issues do begin to pop up. Based on the factory 60 month or 36k mileage, I'll probably have a crossover of factory coverage, and extended coverage for a couple years.

Opinions are greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I grabbed the Ford ESP from Granger ~1 month after purchase for ~$1,800. It's the 96 month, 100k mile, w/ enhanced rental, w/ key service, w/ int. ext. lighting option, etc. I've yet to use it, but it's 100% worth the piece of mind for me @ $1,800. I'd give Granger a call and see what they offer for you, and your circumstance, to determine what you'd like to do.

I've attached the PremiumCare ESP PDF the Granger ESP team sent me last year, in case you haven't seen the info. Not sure I can answer many questions, but let me know if you have any.

Attachments

OP
OP
stickshifthappy

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I grabbed the Ford ESP from Granger ~1 month after purchase for ~$1,800. It's the 96 month, 100k mile, w/ enhanced rental, w/ key service, w/ int. ext. lighting option, etc. I've yet to use it, but it's 100% worth the piece of mind for me @ $1,800. I'd give Granger a call and see what they offer for you, and your circumstance, to determine what you'd like to do.

I've attached the PremiumCare ESP PDF the Granger ESP team sent me last year, in case you haven't seen the info. Not sure I can answer many questions, but let me know if you have any.

Thanks my man, I haven't contacted Graigner yet. They get mentioned here often. I should have purchased it before racking up mileage.

I've had AAA for my old Mustang ($100 a year) which has paid for itself many times in years past with extended distance towing service, lock out calls on other vehicles, etc.

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks my man, I haven't contacted Graigner yet. They get mentioned here often. I should have purchased it before racking up mileage.

I've had AAA for my old Mustang ($100 a year) which has paid for itself many times in years past with extended distance towing service, lock out calls on other vehicles, etc.
I've def thought about grabbing one of the AAA tiers for our 3 vehicles, but haven't squeezed the trigger on one yet. I know I need to before I need the service. That extended towing piece is the crown jewel of AAA, IMO.

OP
OP
stickshifthappy

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've def thought about grabbing one of the AAA tiers for our 3 vehicles, but haven't squeezed the trigger on one yet. I know I need to before I need the service. That extended towing piece is the crown jewel of AAA, IMO.

Yep 125 mile towing radius from your home is a nice thing to have with an old vehicle. Ive used that one 2x in the last 10 years, worth every penny.

Sponsored

Dvanderm

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Aspen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm picking up my Bronco at Granger this Friday, so am looking at extended warranties. Their site has 10 years/100k miles for just over $2k. I saw a suggestion on another post for Geico's MBI...mechanical breakdown insurance, but it covers electronics and everything else. I have Geico so called them about it yesterday and they offer 7 years/100k miles for $70 a year, with a $250 deductible.

Geico is a legit company, and $70 covers everything except wear and tear and doing stupid things....ie if you spill coffee all over your nav system and it goes out, they won't cover that. I wish they had a 10 year option, but they don't.

Other options are 3rd party extended warranty companies, and you can find research on a lot of them. But to me, there's no guarantee they will be in business 5 years from now. If I didn't have Geico, I would drop $2k on a 10/100 through Ford...these Broncos are already known to have problems. But will probably opt for Geico for the same piece of mind.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm picking up my Bronco at Granger this Friday, so am looking at extended warranties. Their site has 10 years/100k miles for just over $2k. I saw a suggestion on another post for Geico's MBI...mechanical breakdown insurance, but it covers electronics and everything else. I have Geico so called them about it yesterday and they offer 7 years/100k miles for $70 a year, with a $250 deductible.

Geico is a legit company, and $70 covers everything except wear and tear and doing stupid things....ie if you spill coffee all over your nav system and it goes out, they won't cover that. I wish they had a 10 year option, but they don't.

Other options are 3rd party extended warranty companies, and you can find research on a lot of them. But to me, there's no guarantee they will be in business 5 years from now. If I didn't have Geico, I would drop $2k on a 10/100 through Ford...these Broncos are already known to have problems. But will probably opt for Geico for the same piece of mind.

Pulled the trigger on Geico MBI for mine a few months after I bought. It's nice having some cheap peace of mind.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really looked into this especially since I'm in Cali and they tied our hands. Problem is gieco looked to have some fine print. I tried to find it again so I can post the links, but there are things like the obvious (You must have Geico insurance..and they are not always the cheapest)..and then I swear there was some line in there that said once you buy MBI, you are committed to keeping their insurance for X years.

...man I wish I could find that fine print again.

OP
OP
stickshifthappy

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Wow, didn't know GEICO had a policy. I'm gonna look into that today.

Dvanderm

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Aspen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really looked into this especially since I'm in Cali and they tied our hands. Problem is gieco looked to have some fine print. I tried to find it again so I can post the links, but there are things like the obvious (You must have Geico insurance..and they are not always the cheapest)..and then I swear there was some line in there that said once you buy MBI, you are committed to keeping their insurance for X years.

...man I wish I could find that fine print again.
It's true that you have to be a Geico insurance customer, which I already am. I don't remember them saying you are locked in for X years, but the MBI warranty is just added to be part of the premium payment, and it's for a max of 7 years, so maybe that is what they meant.

I insurance shopped years ago, and Geico was by far the less expensive, even in So Cal where i lived. AAA was a close 2nd. So I have no plans of switching anyway.
Sponsored