ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so I have not done much with this project. I 3D printed the F and D and then I sprayed them chrome color with a can. They look ok in the picture above, but I could not get a finish to hold up. No matter how I cured it, the paint just made a mess when I touched it.

So I have been driving around with the letters removed and I am totally fine with this look.
20220308_161821.jpg

I just ordered the F, O, R and D from Oracle Lighting. White letters with amber backlight. These look easy to stick on, but now I have to wire them. This will be my first used aux switch.

Next post should say FORD on the front. Will update as soon as installed.
Not sure where you are at, but you should create some blanks as well
Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just waiting on these guys.
Already figured out.

4E7A4949-19BD-412E-99C1-674EA18E91BF.png

OP
OP
RhodeIslandRed

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Already figured out.

Ford Bronco F  O  R  D   letters for grille? 4E7A4949-19BD-412E-99C1-674EA18E91BF
Yeah. I missed that opportunity while I "thought it over". dummy!

I talked to them. What they had was a glitch on Ford's ordering system. They have a relationship with a nearby Ford dealer and they were able to order a bunch of these that are a part for the heritage edition model that is not available yet. So they ordered up all that were available, sold them, and now a bunch of smart, quick decision makers have this grill.

I tried to get the parts desk at my dealer to look into it and they were not able. To quote Office Space, they "fixed the glitch".

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah. I missed that opportunity while I "thought it over". dummy!

I talked to them. What they had was a glitch on Ford's ordering system. They have a relationship with a nearby Ford dealer and they were able to order a bunch of these that are a part for the heritage edition model that is not available yet. So they ordered up all that were available, sold them, and now a bunch of smart, quick decision makers have this grill.

I tried to get the parts desk at my dealer to look into it and they were not able. To quote Office Space, they "fixed the glitch".
Oh I thought they made those themselves.
But you’re saying there’s a chance.

OP
OP
RhodeIslandRed

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh I thought they made those themselves.
But you’re saying there’s a chance.
What's with all that one-in-a-million talk? ha ha.

Yeah, I called and talked to someone at Juggernaut. I think those grills are going to be available at some point. I would kill for that grille now. Why didn't I order it when they had a few left in stock??? I thought the $995 was questionable. -so mad now.

That grill is exactly what I want. And I'd have a body shop paint the outer bezel color keyed and the inside chrome. So I guess my concerns about the price tag have diminished.

I"m now waiting over a month for the backlight letters from Oracle lighting. I'll stick those on and update with a pic when they come.

But if this grill ever comes back online, I'm in.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Already figured out.

Ford Bronco F  O  R  D   letters for grille? 4E7A4949-19BD-412E-99C1-674EA18E91BF
They didn't figure out anything. They were somehow able to order the Heritage grille and letters, painted them, and then sold them at ridiculous prices. You can order them from Ford, save your money.

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They didn't figure out anything. They were somehow able to order the Heritage grille and letters, painted them, and then sold them at ridiculous prices. You can order them from Ford, save your money.
Where’s the link? As far as I know these aren’t available yet. That’s the point obviously.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
RhodeIslandRed

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

here's the Oracle Lighting grille letters. I'm happy-ish with them. Honestly, I liked the font in the 3D printed letters better. The D looks like an O with these Oracle units. But I like the subtle backlighting. And I got to use my first upfitter switch.

I'll still get the heritage grille the minute it comes online.

Ford Bronco F  O  R  D   letters for grille? 20220701_170741

skyhunter

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anyone made the letters F & D yet, as well as a solid rectangle shape to fill in the gap left by the B and the second O? With that installed on a grille it would look killer. Especially painted body color with black letters.

Sponsored

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did this with mine. Wild Horses og red letters mounted on aluminum strips paint matched to the grill.

Ford Bronco F  O  R  D   letters for grille? IMG_0968

Ford Bronco F  O  R  D   letters for grille? IMG_0389

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Has anyone made the letters F & D yet, as well as a solid rectangle shape to fill in the gap left by the B and the second O? With that installed on a grille it would look killer. Especially painted body color with black letters.
This is the best option I've seen out there if you plan on keeping your stock grille:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/161178...3d4a8ad54%3A1611782538&organic_search_click=1

Ford Bronco F  O  R  D   letters for grille? il_794xN.5612578641_ipz7

Since this is such an old thread the part numbers, etc weren't known for the Heritage grille but now they are if you want to go that route:

Grille (unpainted)M2DZ-8200-HBPTM
Grille letters (FORD, Race Red)M2DZ-8A224-CAPTM
BracketM2DZ-8A154-AA

MichaelCar001

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone come across a solution for changing the grille letters to F O R D?

I'm not interested in the raptor grille. I don't want those giant raptor letters. I'm thinking something more heritage style.

I would consider using the "67 style letters if they fit the space well. But my dream solution would be the exact same style letters that currently say BRONCO, but just FORD.

I'm willing to do some mods (hacking) to the badlands grille to make this work.

If you're trying to get "FORD" letters to fit the style of your Bronco, you might need to go the custom route. You can check with local fabrication shops that work with metal or plastic, or even look into 3D printing services. They can make the letters from stuff like ABS plastic or metal and give them a finish that matches your grille's look.

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the best option I've seen out there if you plan on keeping your stock grille:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1611782538/classic-style-grille-letter-set-for-2021?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=bronco+grill&ref=sr_gallery-1-2&frs=1&sts=1&content_source=3ea31d120c29fcdd4b776d75a001f343d4a8ad54%3A1611782538&organic_search_click=1

Ford Bronco F  O  R  D   letters for grille? il_794xN.5612578641_ipz7

Since this is such an old thread the part numbers, etc weren't known for the Heritage grille but now they are if you want to go that route:

Grille (unpainted)M2DZ-8200-HBPTM
Grille letters (FORD, Race Red)M2DZ-8A224-CAPTM
BracketM2DZ-8A154-AA
I have these for my IAG heritage grille and they fit nicely! will have pics soon once the grille gets back from paint.
Sponsored