Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does anyone know why you get built in fog lights on the base front bumper and not on the modular? Also is Ford going to offer a kit?
Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know why you get built in fog lights on the base front bumper and not on the modular? Also is Ford going to offer a kit?
Dunno, but if I had to guess, the wings on the modular are removable and that's where the fogs would mount.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Modular bumper has removable end caps, which I'm sure didn't make it easy for them to figure out how to add fogs.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SMH...... the Fog Lights could easily be mounted within the removable ends of the MOD Bumper, as they wouldn't be "hard wired" to the harness, but attached with an easily disconnected connection.

FoMoCo just chose not to.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As we say in the construction Industry... "There comes a time in every job where you have to fire the engineers and the safety people and get the damn thing built."
The same applies to automotive design and engineering. At some point you have to stop adding and redesigning shit and just build it.
I guarantee you, after the first "refresh" 5 to 7 years out, there will be a LOT of stuff added and added as standard equipment (no additional cost)to boot!

Sponsored

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SMH...... the Fog Lights could easily be mounted within the removable ends of the MOD Bumper, as they wouldn't be "hard wired" to the harness, but attached with an easily disconnected connection.

FoMoCo just chose not to.
True, but maybe "FoMoCo just chose not to" at this time. We have had a lot of opportunity to critique the why or why not because of delays. If they did all that along with things like relocation of front camera, add on steps to rock rails, a roof rack for any vehicle configuration, rear A/C vent relocation, more interior color selections, exterior color additions and more at this time we would never see this on the road. Those will all be some great future engineering changes, upgrades/running changes and aftermarket options. We just need to get this vehicle out there so we can get our hands on it. I do feel the same on the Mod Bumper and Fog lights and will be looking to add lights one way or another.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Didn't Baja Designs show something they will offer for this?

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s another thread on this topic, and I recall Rigid among others make a very good LED fog (amber) or driving (white) light that will fit right in the bumper.

I plan to add my own to my BL and wire it to an auxiliary switch. You can then have the driving lights on with the brights for those very deer-covered backroads, whereas the factory fogs will turn off when the brights come on. Win-win - I can choose the lights I want to install.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I think more of the point is that without the Factory lights, you lose the factory wiring and switch (at least that's what I remember the consensus being)

I think if Ford offered up the wiring, but you just had to buy your own lights, this wouldn't be an issue.

But many don't either have the Aux switches or want to waste one on something that otherwise comes standard on many trims

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Raptor didn't get factory fogs until its 3rd generation, so it's not surprising they left them off the modular. I'd rather have the switch too, but I'll live without it.

In pictures, it does look like there are Bronco bolts on the underside of the upper/fixed part of the bumper ends.

AK.Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone know if a 4” round rigid360 would fit on either side? Can’t seem to get a good size idea of the opening in pictures.
Sponsored