Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's going to depend on how the aftermarket sliders are built. I know when my friend and I tried to bolt up his JLU White Knuckle sliders they wouldn't fit with the factory rails in place. But that's not necessarily a uniform thing.
Ok, thanks for the advice. I need to do some additional research before I order.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wait for aftermarket sliders - hopefully with removable steps - or buy the factory ones cheap from someone who is swapping to aftermarket.

Somewhere there is a quote from one of the test drivers saying the rock rails are good, but they don't stand out from the sides enough to protect the sides.

Reactions: sjp

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want the rock rails on my 2-door Base, but with a Sasquatch, I may need to add a step at some point and am wondering whether it will be possible to add a step over the rails.

Alternatively, I could hold out for after-market rock sliders like these, for Jeep.

Any experience with these? Thoughts on the Ford rock rails - wide enough to double as a step? Able to add steps later?

ACE JK Rock Sliders (2 Door)

1603476251246.png
I like that particular method. I'm shying away from and steps hanging below the rails, or any expensive auto fold out steps because money... But I like these that stick straight out.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm hoping that Rugged Ridge makes their rock sliders for the Bronco.

They are some of the strongest ones on the market.

They bolt to both the usual body rockslider location * and* the frame to body mounts.
Plus they have the vertical side plates to support and protect the lower rocker panels.

Ford Bronco Factory Rock Rails or Wait for Aftermarket Rails + Steps 11504.17_lifestyle2

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Personally, hoping the aftermarket comes out relatively quickly with sliders that also function as steps a bit. Lots of choices, at similar prices to the factory rails, for Jeeps, that will protect the swell of the door better and serve as a step.

Sponsored

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm also ruminating on the stock vs. aftermarket slider. On my FJ cruiser, I had some really neat ones from Metal Tech 4x4 that doubled as a step and bolted to the frame. I'd really like to run something similar now. I believe there were 8 beefy pre-threaded mounting points on the FJ frame, and each slider weighed something like 40lbs. I threw a little bit of grip tape on them, and they were super useful as steps to get to the roof(that's really the only reason I care to have a step). They're also somewhat discrete but stick out enough to protect from dingers.
Ford Bronco Factory Rock Rails or Wait for Aftermarket Rails + Steps 1603746178755

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im getting both the mod bumper and body mounted rails and will sell them as take offs once aftermarket frame mounted rails and better bumpers come to market. I need to have a winch as soon as I have the vehicle, so not having a bumper that can mount a winch isn’t an option, neither is having 0 body protection against rocks (however flimsy it may be, some coverage is better than nothing). I’ll sell both and get better versions from the aftermarket once they are available, can’t go without that protection.

However if you won’t need that type of protection right off the bat, there will be eleventy billion different types of sliders and bumpers available aftermarket if the Wrangler is any indication.

Hulkbuster19

Badlands
First Name
Mike Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm having a difficult time identifying where I corrected your grammar or punctuation. I asked you WHY you type in that way. You, not so surprisingly, took it as a personal insult then proceeded to get defensive, as if the heat of the question melts delicate sensibilities.

Please allow myself to quote myself, again, for you: " Genuine question, what is your intent with using five periods arbitrarily scattered throughout your unformatted block of text?"
First of all, you should not assume I am being defensive when you clearly do not know me.
I just find it puzzling why you are so concerned why I used dots in my comment?
I used them because I chose to. No meaning,rhym,or reason. I certainly hope that answers that burning question for you.Now I hope we can put this question to bed. Have a Good day (y)

adampdx

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm having a difficult time identifying where I corrected your grammar or punctuation. I asked you WHY you type in that way. You, not so surprisingly, took it as a personal insult then proceeded to get defensive, as if the heat of the question melts delicate sensibilities.

Please allow myself to quote myself, again, for you: " Genuine question, what is your intent with using five periods arbitrarily scattered throughout your unformatted block of text?"
Genuine question - why does it matter? Can we just talk about Broncos and not how someone constructs a message? Don't turn this forum into a shit show. Thanks.

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will eventually remove the Badlands rock rails and install aftermarket sliders that will bolt to the frame, protect the body, and provide a little bit of a step for my short wife.
Found some cool ones online. $250.00 but will require some welding. I have plasma and welder. Great universal solution for 2D but requires some fabrication. For 250. Sign. Me. Up. I've had to fab more complicated stuff.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want the rock rails on my 2-door Base, but with a Sasquatch, I may need to add a step at some point and am wondering whether it will be possible to add a step over the rails.

Alternatively, I could hold out for after-market rock sliders like these, for Jeep.

Any experience with these? Thoughts on the Ford rock rails - wide enough to double as a step? Able to add steps later?

ACE JK Rock Sliders (2 Door)

Ford Bronco Factory Rock Rails or Wait for Aftermarket Rails + Steps 1603746178755
All depends on your long term goals & personal preferences. If you’re looking for moderate rocker panel protection and want it now Ford’s offering will be fine.
if your looking to regularly drop the vehicle off ledges onto it’s belly then I would recommend waiting for frame mounted sliders. The key difference is Ford’s rock rails (and many aftermarket options offered so far) are mounted to the rocker panel, not the frame.

I plan to take the rock rials off my future BadSquatch, sell them, and replace them with proper frame mounted sliders. Other requirements for me would be the ability to stand on them as steps & that they have a plate on top to fill in the gaps.

I had Slee sliders on my Tacoma for many years and abused them ruthlessly, plus they made great steps.

Having proper slider steps will also help reduce mud & flying debris hitting the doors.

If you have kids and want slider steps then I strongly recommend the types that have the top plate. This will keep your kids from snapping an ankle. (Never happened to my kids but they were always getting tangled in weird shit).

long story short. Wait for the market to evolve.

- Nels

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something like these.
Ford Bronco Factory Rock Rails or Wait for Aftermarket Rails + Steps 77015285-4BEC-43C2-A186-B7E026AAA4C1

ThunderSquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, (ex: RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI 4x4)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's a start, but requires welding or a shit of of drilling in the frame. Unfortunately there may be no way around this with the Bronco for frame mounted sliders.
Sponsored