Sponsored

Failed Amp Upgrade and Now Audio Doesnt Work... Help!

mattsmeesh

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
So I tried to install my kicker key and kicker hideaway in my 2023 Heritage. Using the plug n play harness for both the key and the hidewaway. Getting no audio, and no power to the key or the hideaway.

So I undid everything to start from square one, and now I'm getting no audio, the physical audio controls dont work to change audio, and when I click the "siri button" it kills gives me a message about carplay not working and reboots. The "Sound" setting screen is also greyed out. The touchscreen still works fine and the head unit connects to my phone, but audio-wise things are unresponsive.

I've tried taking off the negative terminal and leaving that off for a while, resetting the stereo with the power+track skip button(the screen turned off and seemed to reboot, so some of the buttons must be working), and pulled the 20 fuse, which seems fine.

I feel like I must have fried something or unplugged a wire I shouldn't have. Any thoughts about what I've screwed up and how to fix it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
mattsmeesh

mattsmeesh

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
That was it. Was looking at the wrong fuse. Thanks!

OP
OP
mattsmeesh

mattsmeesh

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Re-connected everything, and all seems to be working, except for the front passenger side speaker. Tried testing with another speaker, and just getting a quiet hiss.

Did I possibly blow another fuse somewhere, or could I have I unplugged a wire while I was monkeying with everything?

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Check you connections on the amp and make sure you are getting output. If you can get output to all the other speakers try swapping one that is working and put it on the non working on to see if the speaker plays. If that works then check all of your connections to make sure they are solid.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mattsmeesh

mattsmeesh

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
OP
OP
mattsmeesh

mattsmeesh

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Check you connections on the amp and make sure you are getting output. If you can get output to all the other speakers try swapping one that is working and put it on the non working on to see if the speaker plays. If that works then check all of your connections to make sure they are solid.
Everything else is working fine, and I tried popping the factory dash in, and it’a not working either. So by process of elimination does that mean it has to be a connection issue?

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would first verify that all connections at the amp are solid with a multimeter. I believe that you stated that all the other speakers are working correctly, if you have a means to cut and reconnect the speaker connections coming from the amp to the speaker you can cut one of the working speakers wires and the non worker speaker and temporarily wire it to that connection to see if it plays. If the speaker plays off the other connection then it’s possible that the output from the amp is either not working properly or the amp isn’t getting the signal for that speaker. It’s not often that the amp has a bad channel but it’s not unheard of. If you don’t want to do any of that you can pick up another amp and swap it to see if it works properly just make sure you can return it if not needed.

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Think I understand conceptually why load resistors are needed. Are you saying that not having them in sent too much voltage to a component and that’s why the passenger dash speaker isn’t working?
may have a bad channel on amp now due to too much voltage.

OP
OP
mattsmeesh

mattsmeesh

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I swapped out the amp for another one, and still nothing coming through the right dash channel. So I do believe I'll be checking connections this weekend :|

Thanks y'all for the help.
Sponsored