First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went on to replace the 4" dash speakers with Infinity Reference with 600Hz bass blockers and the rear pod speakers with the same without bass blockers and it made another substantial difference. I'm pretty happy with the sound now.
How difficult was this? Are there any good videos out there? Now that Iā€™ve done the amp/sub swap, wondering if I can get even better sound but Iā€™m the kind of person that needs crystal clear instructions lol.
Sponsored

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's true. All 2023 Broncos were supposed to come with sub and amp. But, supply issues kept Ford from being able to keep up with production. I read (not sure if true) that since there was equipment in the test vehicles for crash test certifications, they had to have stuff there in the production Broncos. So, most of the 2023 Broncos have "sub delete" and a $250 credit on the window sticker... the fake amp has a blank system board, and the fake sub has no magnet/driver... just a cone. However, the sub housing is there, and all the wiring is there... so it makes it easy to replace with real equipment.
Thatā€™s just funny. Fake equipment. Who would have thought. Never heard of anything like that before.

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have not heard the B&O, but I think it is still a small sub. The kicker helped the non sub system a lot, but being 6.75ā€, it doesnā€™t move a lot of air. Some have modified the housing to fit an 8ā€ sub. I think there is a whole thread on updating the B&O system, so I suggest looking there for more info.
Iā€™m going to look into that, but me thinks even a bigger magnet, better built sub would help the cause. For a bit over $100 on Amazon itā€™s not a bank breaking endeavor if it doesnā€™t improve much.

Clump

Heritage
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
How difficult was this? Are there any good videos out there? Now that Iā€™ve done the amp/sub swap, wondering if I can get even better sound but Iā€™m the kind of person that needs crystal clear instructions lol.
It was really easy, but I've been messing with car audio for a long time.

This post tells you what to get for the front- https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/audio-solution-under-1k.78024/#post-1995653

There's a bunch of videos on youtube showing how to replace the dash and pod speakers. The connectors mentioned in the link above make the dash plug and play. You can but connectors (without the bass blockers) from the same ebay seller for the pods.

If you don't have them get a set of plastic trim tools.

Lately people have been removing the bass blockers from the dash, but I'm completely happy with mine.

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WT High Pkg MIC Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What size self tapping screws do I need for the sub?

Sponsored

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just finished and took top off for the first time. Still need to get Forscan done by someone local.

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just finished and took top off for the first time. Still need to get Forscan done by someone local.
Nice. I still havenā€™t fully taken my top off yet and Iā€™ve had it 6 months. I still need to assemble my top lift pro.

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice. I still havenā€™t fully taken my top off yet and Iā€™ve had it 6 months. I still need to assemble my top lift pro.
Had mine two months. Would love to get a lift, my top is just sitting on the garage floor for now šŸ˜

Sponsored

Medic2586

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone have the ā€œfake amp/sub enclosureā€ for a four door they want to sell? I would really like to have one to use for a project.

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan, Rav4, had a 76 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ok, I have looked through this, looking for an answer on forscan rear pod configurations. I have 4" Kickers in the rear pods, and the fusion amp/6.75" sub. I saw this question asked, but it was not answered, So I will try it.
RagnorKon suggests
For passenger rear pod, set to tweeter, driver rear set to tweeter & Sub
so, for ACM field 727-01-01 XXXX-16XX-XXXX

with the 4" rear kickers being coaxial would it be bad to set as passenger rear pod to Speaker & Tweeter and driver rear pod to Speaker, Tweeter, & Sub?
so, for ACM field 727-01-01 XXXX-2AXX-XXXX

is the Speaker Tweeter Sub option more suited for the rear pods only if you upgrade to the larger enclosures/speakers?

regardless I will be turning the EQ off

Thanks
Sponsored