First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All these installs and no mention here of closing off the sub box like in the original thread?
I didn't even think to try it, sounded so much better I was just happy with it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How long did it take to get Forscan activated? I just registered about 15 minutes ago but haven’t received an email yet.
I got the activation same day...

Beachbum

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello, I'm running FORSCAN for the first time. I saved the configuration file in case things go wrong. When it runs I get no ACM option. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Thank you
Ford Bronco Fake sub/amp...Now what? 1Screenshot 2023-09-10 102030
Ford Bronco Fake sub/amp...Now what? 2Screenshot 2023-09-10 102449

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Has anyone with the stock 7-speaker swapped to the kicker sub replacing the stock sub. Any value in going that route? I may power it with a Kicker Key but just checking.

Sponsored

Beachbum

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kudos to everyone that was involved with this upgrade and all the advice given.

I just finished installing my amp and Kicker Sub and turned it on in the ACM using FORScan. Everything sounds so much better. Before I found this thread I had a audio shop upgrade my speakers thinking that was the issue. So my question is based off what I have installed are there any tweaks I can do in FORScan to get the max potential out of my installation. Below is my speakers that I had installed. EQ off? Tweeter, Tweeter/speaker or just speaker.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dash and rear speakers:
Kicker 4" KSC40 150w peak 75w RMS

Kick panels:
Alpine 6.5" S2-S65 240w peak 80w RMS

Eharris55

Outer Banks
First Name
Elgeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife’s bronco came with the fake amp and subwoofer. Used the kicker sub and kicker key amp with the bass adjuster. I wrapped the entire box in dynomat and no rattle at all.
Did you use the factory wiring for the Sub amp? Kicker 500.1?

colonelburke

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was just going to replace the rear pods with new 4” kickers. If I replaced with the Mabett/SSV pods with 6.5 kickers and forsecan for the power bar, do they work well without having to add an additional amp?

Last edited:

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just installed the subwoofer and amp. Much better bass and sound! I’m impressed.

Now that I have Forscan for 2 months, are there any other worthwhile changes I should make?

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone making a box for back there? I'm wondering if I can find 1 cubic foot in that spot and if a 12 will clear. If I can get that squeeze we're going to do something super dumb because this 8 just isn't cutting it.

Sponsored

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have my rear passenger Trim panel off to wire my license plate relocation bra k LED and some LED pods for a new rear bumper, my Bronco Window sticker shows I have the 6 speaker delete...so got the fake amp and sub.

While Iam in there is there a plug n play replacement to stick in there besides OEM?

What do you mean fake amp and sub? Why would there be anything there? Is it literally a fake speaker and an empty amp box? I can’t even comprehend why they would waste money sticking fake stuff in there.

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is that really all? No wiring/splicing/etc? Do they just plug into an existing wire harness? I have Forscan already.
So I have the B&O system and it sounds pretty decent but when I had my panel off to run some wires I could see the subwoofer had a really tiny magnet. I’ve got bigger subs in my pinball machines. If this is a truly a drop in plug and play subwoofer then just by replacing it I should get better base. No modification whatsoever?
Did you get yours through Amazon? They are showing $107.96

Last edited:

colonelburke

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I have the B&O system and it sounds pretty decent but when I had my panel off to run some wires I could see the subwoofer had a really tiny magnet. I’ve hot bigger subs in my pinball machines. If this is a truly a drop in plug and play subwoofer then just by replacing it I should get better base. No modification whatsoever?
Just my understanding, but all of the advice and whatnot here is for the non B&O system. From what I have read, the B&O system is a different animal, and you did not get the sub delete.

Dezperado

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I have the B&O system and it sounds pretty decent but when I had my panel off to run some wires I could see the subwoofer had a really tiny magnet. I’ve hot bigger subs in my pinball machines. If this is a truly a drop in plug and play subwoofer then just by replacing it I should get better base. No modification whatsoever?
I have not heard the B&O, but I think it is still a small sub. The kicker helped the non sub system a lot, but being 6.75”, it doesn’t move a lot of air. Some have modified the housing to fit an 8” sub. I think there is a whole thread on updating the B&O system, so I suggest looking there for more info.

Dezperado

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What do you mean fake amp and sub? Why would there be anything there? Is it literally a fake speaker and an empty amp box? I can’t even comprehend why they would waste money sticking fake stuff in there.
It's true. All 2023 Broncos were supposed to come with sub and amp. But, supply issues kept Ford from being able to keep up with production. I read (not sure if true) that since there was equipment in the test vehicles for crash test certifications, they had to have stuff there in the production Broncos. So, most of the 2023 Broncos have "sub delete" and a $250 credit on the window sticker... the fake amp has a blank system board, and the fake sub has no magnet/driver... just a cone. However, the sub housing is there, and all the wiring is there... so it makes it easy to replace with real equipment.
Sponsored