First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone that installed an amp and after have very loud radio touch tone beeps and loud parking beeps? The amp is powering my front lower speakers, front dash speakers and a downward facing Kicker box. Everything sounds mint but the parking sensors are to loud for me now :) Also not sure why everyone complains about the factory speakers.... once they have power they don't sound that bad at all.
Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe turn down the gain on the amp a bit
This. My ‘beeps’ were also very loud after my amp installation. I ended up backing off the gain a bit. They are still a bit loud for my taste but I don’t want to change my gain setting again.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep your gains are too high based on everything I've read. I installed the Kicker Key as well but didnt even mess with the gains, cause I didn't want the beeps loud... and it was such an improvement without messing with them. Not sure if it's ideal but still sounds great, lol.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So if you turn down the gain on the amp, aren't you actually defeating the purpose of adding a amp?

Sponsored
OP
OP
mdfilip

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if you turn down the gain on the amp, aren't you actually defeating the purpose of adding a amp?
Exactly what I was thinking :sneaky: I was hoping someone would know how I can go in and adjust with Forscan as I just got mine working and looking for other stuff to mess up haha

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's still a completely different sound even with out the gains increased. I may adjust them more when I'm motivated to pull the bracket down again, but I am still very happy with the sound, personally. I wasn't sure if it was worth making the beeps louder, they are already louder than stock as is.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Exactly what I was thinking :sneaky: I was hoping someone would know how I can go in and adjust with Forscan as I just got mine working and looking for other stuff to mess up haha
lol,be careful cause you can create codes with the wrong keystrokes. been there.

Hawke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No.

The sound beeps come across at a fixed level so think of the gain as a volume knob to get the beeps right. In turning down the gain you will have to increase the volume on the stereo a bit more to get the same music volume output. However, the music will still sound the same as it did with the higher gain setting and the beeps will be at the right level.

Disclaimer: There are other effects of setting the gain too high or too low but shouldn't be noticeable with the amount of adjustment we are talking about here.

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No.

The sound beeps come across at a fixed level so think of the gain as a volume knob to get the beeps right. In turning down the gain you will have to increase the volume on the stereo a bit more to get the same music volume output. However, the music will still sound the same as it did with the higher gain setting and the beeps will be at the right level.

Disclaimer: There are other effects of setting the gain too high or too low but shouldn't be noticeable with the amount of adjustment we are talking about here.
Ah... Thanks for educating me. Don't quite have my Bronco yet, but the other day I was in a shopping parking lot and like two rows over somebody opened up a door and without looking I could tell it was a Ford because I could hear those loud ass chimes!

Sponsored

XPerties

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i had the same problem and installed a LC2 which converted the low input signal to RCA and it fixed my issue.

OP
OP
mdfilip

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i had the same problem and installed a LC2 which converted the low input signal to RCA and it fixed my issue.
What is a LC2? Sorry I don't know much about car audio

Umichigan1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have yet to find definitive information regarding the chime volume. My own experience is that in using Forscan to flatten the audio output, I believe some Ford custom EQ setting for the chimes was affected or perhaps eliminated completely. It makes sense that the proper resolution to this would be if the specific command in Forscan might be identified and isolated for modification. Adjusting the amp gain in my opinion is the wrong approach because you are limiting the entire system to account for one very specific and unwanted artifact. If Forscan doesn't end up being an option for resolution, a better approach might be to determine which specific frequencies are used by the chimes and to create a physical filter for that purpose (like using a Bass Blocker, except tuned not for bass frequency but instead for the chime frequency). Anyone have access to a spectrum analyzer?

OP
OP
mdfilip

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well turning the gain down does not work at least in my case it did not my gains were pretty low to begin with. The problem is like state earlier is the volume of the chimes never change it’s one volume. If the music is loud it does not seem that bad but when you lower it before pulling in the driveway or parking spot all you hear is the chimes. I do not have the amp running the rear pod speakers so if I back in the chime is normal like before 😏. Mine also does have a LC2 to convert the signal for the amp.
Sponsored