Sponsored

Fault with the Aux. transmission oil pump.

Ellis Family Garage

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands, '06 F150 FX4, '95 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
looking for a little info. before i call Ford. Yesterday we were out trial driving when the service engine soon light turned on. Got a notification that the powertrain control system detected a fault with the aux. transmission oil pump.

Any ideas?

23 Badlands SAS 2.7 automatic +/- 1800 miles

Thanks Brad
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. There's an internal pump that supplies pressure to the guts when the auto start/stop engages so when you let off the brake to go, there's no lag. Have seen a few over the last few years but it's not a systemic problem. Probably just got a bad one from the supplier or there's a wiring problem between the bulkhead and pump.

OP
OP
Ellis Family Garage

Ellis Family Garage

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. There's an internal pump that supplies pressure to the guts when the auto start/stop engages so when you let off the brake to go, there's no lag. Have seen a few over the last few years but it's not a systemic problem. Probably just got a bad one from the supplier or there's a wiring problem between the bulkhead and pump.
Thanks for response and information

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So in addition to stressing the starter needlessly we also have additional parts that can fail rendering us unable to drive...all to save a few drops of fuel:rolleyes:

A.S.S. is one of the most ridiculous automotive features ever.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully this issue won't or maybe in this case didn't damage the transmission.
Nah, it's an electric pump. Usually they go bad and start/stop quits working, that's the only concern we've had with them.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So in addition to stressing the starter needlessly we also have additional parts that can fail rendering us unable to drive...all to save a few drops of fuel:rolleyes:

Yup, another part to go bad even though the failure rate, speaking for what we've seen, is rather low compared to the number of vehicles out there that have them.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A fault with the aux pump wont render the vehicle unable to drive. Auto start/stop just wont work and the vehicle will stay running.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A fault with the aux pump wont render the vehicle unable to drive. Auto start/stop just wont work and the vehicle will stay running.
Understood, I should have elaborated...I was thinking more in the sense my vehicle is throwing a code and now I have to bring it to the dealer to replace a part that will most likely be on back order for who knows how long.

Now that you mention it, maybe this is a blessing in disguise...A.S.S. just stops working (y)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ellis Family Garage

Ellis Family Garage

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks everyone! This reduces the stress since this is our primary vehicle.👍

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it's a feature :unsure:

Whipple Stage 1 took care of my A.S.S 🤠

Nuke

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just had a similar failure that was confirmed by the dealership today. The part is in stock nearby and it should be a quick fix.
Sponsored