Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll most likely go with the Yakima Exo, love the modularity and 'ready and packed to go camping" boxes and option to add bike rack or basket as needed. Not cheap, but good quality that lasts for ever.
The Rukrak is also interesting, not a fan of the looks, but it does look very useful and configurable as well.
Mainly I'll have bikes on the back, I hope I can fit what I need for camping inside my 4 door, I'm not much into 'glamping' and bringing half the house out into the woods, quick and easy set up preferred. But there might be times where extra capacity is needed for fire wood or who knows what.

What ever I buy, it has to be swing out, that's a must.
Sponsored

TFM

Outer Banks
First Name
Tobin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A) where did you find one or how long ago did you order? Everywhere is back ordered
B). Thats a squatch right?
C) would the passenger side version mAke a difference with pin?

my boss has one so i was gonna test fit this weekend
I found it online through Reser Bicycle Outfitters in Kentucky. Ordered Sunday, delivered today. Looked like they only had the driver side (which I preferred).
Yes, it’s the Sasquatch package.
I don’t believe it would make a difference with the pin. Really the only way to insert the hitch pin with factory tow package is from right to left given where the trailer light connections are.

Unless the pin is pretty short, you’d have a hard time inserting from left to right.

Ford Bronco Favorite Hitch Cargo Carrier - Folding 45E9A47E-6494-4762-BA18-2E433B030453

Last edited:

honorableh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just received the Kuat pivot and it clears the spare. Had ordered an extension with expectation of needing it but not the case.

Edit: with factory tow package, receiver/trailer lights area is tight. The locking pin that comes with the kuat will not work because you have to insert from the right, lock on left. But once locked, you can’t get enough clearance to get the key into the lock (found out hard way and had to remove light bracket to get it off). So I just used a normal hitch pin but I’m sure you can find another locking pin that will fit.

Ford Bronco Favorite Hitch Cargo Carrier - Folding 45E9A47E-6494-4762-BA18-2E433B030453
Does the Kuat open 180*. Thinking about getting a drivers side one.
Have you enjoyed having it now for a while? Would you still recommend?

TFM

Outer Banks
First Name
Tobin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does the Kuat open 180*. Thinking about getting a drivers side one.
Have you enjoyed having it now for a while? Would you still recommend?
It’s not full 180°. Id say closer to 120°. I think it’s pretty great if you travel in the Bronco much. And driver’s side is the way to go so you can also open the tailgate fully. Definitely recommended.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Kuat pivot (passenger side) and am looking for a basket in addition to my 1up bike rack. I don’t want a 60” wide basket, something in the 48-50” width seems like a better fit for the Bronco. This Curt is currently the leader, welded aluminum construction and comes in black. The rack itself only weighs 25#.

https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Cargo-Carrier/CURT/C18113.html
Sponsored