Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this is a stupid question, but I keep reading "reservations converted to orders" - Can someone clarify this for me please?

So let's say there were 100 reservations made at a dealership. Would they only convert to an order whatever their allocation would be, or would they convert all 100 reservations to orders?

In your example @Rpm, I'm just trying to understand why they would have only converted 66 out of 110.
My dealer reached out to me on January 19 to convert my reservation to an order. Not sure if it has happened up here where dealers converted reservations without consent of the reservation holder, if so you would likely see close to 100% conversation rate. There’s always the possibility that a reservation holder had no intention to convert, or was later unable to convert so those orders would come off the books.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer reached out to me on January 19 to convert my reservation to an order. Not sure if it has happened up here where dealers converted reservations without consent of the reservation holder, if so you would likely see close to 100% conversation rate. There’s always the possibility that a reservation holder had no intention to convert, or was later unable to convert so those orders would come off the books.
What would be the harm of them converting a reservation without the holders consent? Worse case if the person didn't want the reservation at least the dealership would get a unit in to sell on their lot or fit in a late order into that reservation slot.

Rpm

Wildtrak
First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know this is a stupid question, but I keep reading "reservations converted to orders" - Can someone clarify this for me please?

So let's say there were 100 reservations made at a dealership. Would they only convert to an order whatever their allocation would be, or would they convert all 100 reservations to orders?

In your example @Rpm, I'm just trying to understand why they would have only converted 66 out of 110.
66 out of 110 people who made their reservation and placed the $100 deposit actualy placed their order with the dealership and didn't cancel.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

66 out of 110 people who made their reservation and placed the $100 deposit actualy placed their order with the dealership and didn't cancel.
Thanks - As per my above comment, I'm surprised they wouldn't just convert the remaining ones. Would look like heroes if they could fit in another customer who was late to order into one of these slots. They can adjust the build up until the build date/VIN is released, so little risk. And they'd get more units onto their lot worst case scenario.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Sponsored

Rpm

Wildtrak
First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks - As per my above comment, I'm surprised they wouldn't just convert the remaining ones. Would look like heroes if they could fit in another customer who was late to order into one of these slots. They can adjust the build up until the build date/VIN is released, so little risk. And they'd get more units onto their lot worst case scenario.

It would be unfair to people who made the reservation early an are anxious to receive their order. Reservations were open for customers and not dealers. Unethical in my view, but we are talking about stealerships

OP
OP

B4L

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base

From what I understand to be in the U.S is that there is a penalty for doing so. In the U.S I believe they can do this on a small % of units but if more than 20% (don’t quote be on this) they would lose q2 allocation units.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I understand to be in the U.S is that there is a penalty for doing so. In the U.S I believe they can do this on a small % of units but if more than 20% (don’t quote be on this) they would lose q2 allocation units.
Makes sense; you guys make good points. I also heard that 20% as well. But hard to tell what may be valid in the US vs. Canada.

OP
OP

B4L

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Makes sense; you guys make good points. I also heard that 20% as well. But hard to tell what may be valid in the US vs. Canada.
Time will tell... enjoy the ride partner

Sponsored

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Say you live in Anytown Ontario and you placed a $100 reservation along with 99 other people, and for ease of explanation the 100 of you living in Anytown only have one close by Ford dealership, Ford.ca would send (based on postal code) all your respective orders to the same “Anytown Ford”.
Now let’s assume 50 people back out and decide they no longer want a bronco, your local Ford dealership now has 50 customers come in and convert their $100 reservation into actual orders to orders. Now for allocations (which seems to be a big unknown for the Canadian market) Anytown ford” we’ll say has 40 allocations (but again nobody seems to know this) but we’ll use 40 just to explain allocations.
Customers who ordered early will start filling up the list and even if you aren’t a 7/13 or 7/14 time stamped reservation you could still “make the list” with respect to allocation.
So in are example we’ll say you have a early but not first couple of days reservation timestamp and your number 25 out of 50 customers (with allocation of 40 your 25 of 40 but again kind of meaningless without us knowing Canadian allocation).
Now the real speculation starts, let’s say several people with day one 7/13 reservation time stamps have decided to wait until 2022 for the MOD top, or possibly getting a different colour or maybe they aren’t ready, they could ask the dealer to defer their reservation to priority code 99 and be top of the list for a 2022 Bronco. So in our example 10 guys opt to wait until next year you just went from 25 of 40 or 50 down to 15 on the list! Now let’s say you ordered a base, 4door, 2.3L non SAS, without a trailer hitch or MIC top, but all the 10 other suckers ordered 2 door wild track Sasquatch with every constraint option under the sun you could potentially drop down to the lucky 5th guy in line for his/her bronco.
Commodity constraints are a real thing and there is also the First Edition factor, where FE customers have been guaranteed a 2021 however they aren’t “first built” and are subject to delay like the rest although Ford has said they will try to prioritize FE builds. First Edition is “first in line” during week 1 of the 3 week production cycle at Michigan Assembly Plant.
On top of all that napkin mathematics your dealer could have gotten assigned a “priority 1” slot and taken a customer from 49 of 50 and circumvented the whole thing and made that lucky SOB number 1 of 50 at that dealer and skip the whole line. Now there were only like 3000 Canada/US wide and if you’re one of these customers chances are you’d have gotten an email long ago explaining it.

Clear as mud?

Call your dealer on Thursdays and ask him to look into your order (on their system) and he/she might find you have a build date & VIN, as stated if your Canadian don’t expect a communication email from Ford Canada as it doesn’t appear they’re sending them!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Say you live in Anytown Ontario and you placed a $100 reservation along with 99 other people, and for ease of explanation the 100 of you living in Anytown only have one close by Ford dealership, Ford.ca would send (based on postal code) all your respective orders to the same “Anytown Ford”.
Now let’s assume 50 people back out and decide they no longer want a bronco, your local Ford dealership now has 50 customers come in and convert their $100 reservation into actual orders to orders. Now for allocations (which seems to be a big unknown for the Canadian market) Anytown ford” we’ll say has 40 allocations (but again nobody seems to know this) but we’ll use 40 just to explain allocations.
Customers who ordered early will start filling up the list and even if you aren’t a 7/13 or 7/14 time stamped reservation you could still “make the list” with respect to allocation.
So in are example we’ll say you have a early but not first couple of days reservation timestamp and your number 25 out of 50 customers (with allocation of 40 your 25 of 40 but again kind of meaningless without us knowing Canadian allocation).
Now the real speculation starts, let’s say several people with day one 7/13 reservation time stamps have decided to wait until 2022 for the MOD top, or possibly getting a different colour or maybe they aren’t ready, they could ask the dealer to defer their reservation to priority code 99 and be top of the list for a 2022 Bronco. So in our example 10 guys opt to wait until next year you just went from 25 of 40 or 50 down to 15 on the list! Now let’s say you ordered a base, 4door, 2.3L non SAS, without a trailer hitch or MIC top, but all the 10 other suckers ordered 2 door wild track Sasquatch with every constraint option under the sun you could potentially drop down to the lucky 5th guy in line for his/her bronco.
Commodity constraints are a real thing and there is also the First Edition factor, where FE customers have been guaranteed a 2021 however they aren’t “first built” and are subject to delay like the rest although Ford has said they will try to prioritize FE builds. First Edition is “first in line” during week 1 of the 3 week production cycle at Michigan Assembly Plant.
On top of all that napkin mathematics your dealer could have gotten assigned a “priority 1” slot and taken a customer from 49 of 50 and circumvented the whole thing and made that lucky SOB number 1 of 50 at that dealer and skip the whole line. Now there were only like 3000 Canada/US wide and if you’re one of these customers chances are you’d have gotten an email long ago explaining it.

Clear as mud?

Call your dealer on Thursdays and ask him to look into your order (on their system) and he/she might find you have a build date & VIN, as stated if your Canadian don’t expect a communication email from Ford Canada as it doesn’t appear they’re sending them!
Thanks for all the details; very helpful and appreciate that!

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for all the details; very helpful and appreciate that!
It might not be accurate exactly but that’s how I interpret things?

Bronco9522

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I am locate in Ontario.
So I received call from Ford in March and told me there were on 6 allocation in my area - I am one of 6. My dealer called me in the morning and wanted me to decide if I want my reservation or they will push it to the next reservation owner. So far my ford.ca reservation number has coverted to order number, but thats it, nothing else update.
Sponsored