Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i have the same issue. Did you figure out what worked for you?
I ended up using

https://www.amazon.com/Solution-Finish-Black-Plastic-Restorer/dp/B006NZQ3T8?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Then covered it with

https://www.amazon.com/Solution-Finish-Plastic-Sealer/dp/B08FVHW2J6?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Using the products definitly brought the look back to the original look. I did it early October. Not much I can do with it in the winter but it does still look ok. It's not flashy, just looks original. I plan on re-coating it once the northeast shitty weather warms up.

One word of caution, Don't spill it! Dripped some on the driveway concrete. Stained it.
Sponsored

Golfmom

Black Diamond
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carpooling Platinum Escalade ESV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am looking for ways to remove scuff marks from my doors, I came across this video using a magic eraser and degreaser. Not sure if the magic eraser would work for your application but I wonder if the degreaser and scrub brush might do the trick.

I’ve used magic erasers on my squatch flares. Worked great! I like to take them off when washing since mud gets trapped between the flares and body.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner works? I tried the lysol version because I couldnt find the SB and it didnt help lol

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Magic Eraser

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mothers back to black.

Sponsored

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's worth noting that every one of these products is a surface dressing and won't solve the problem in any way.

So grab the best one from the video and be impressed for the first hour!

This is what I would suggest for actually penetrating the plastic and restoring the black color.

This 1 oz bottle should be enough to do the flairs about a bajillion times over. A few drops of this stuff goes an insane distance. $12 well spent.

https://www.amazon.com/Solution-Finish-Black-Plastic-Restorer/dp/B006NZQ3T8/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=Solution+Finish+Black+Plastic+&+Vinyl+Plastic&qid=1632180425&s=automotive&sr=1-6

61AwVCCegiL._AC_SL1500_[1].jpg
@Rick Astley I'm new to this chain. I only got my Bronco a few weeks ago so not having this issue yet. Is this something that should be put on now before I have this issue or wait until I begin seeing this?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Rick Astley I'm new to this chain. I only got my Bronco a few weeks ago so not having this issue yet. Is this something that should be put on now before I have this issue or wait until I begin seeing this?
It's (Solution Finish) not a prevention/protection but a restoration chemical.

If she's brand new, something like 303 Aerospace protectant would be great on the upper surface (no need to use product on the inside area that will see impacts) and hopefully delay the need for restoring the plastic.

Unfortunately I don't have a VIN yet, let alone a Bronco to give more input on the plastic used. From what others have posted it does seem to be a nice durable and hard wearing plastic, although not terribly color-fast.

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's (Solution Finish) not a prevention/protection but a restoration chemical.

If she's brand new, something like 303 Aerospace protectant would be great on the upper surface (no need to use product on the inside area that will see impacts) and hopefully delay the need for restoring the plastic.

Unfortunately I don't have a VIN yet, let alone a Bronco to give more input on the plastic used. From what others have posted it does seem to be a nice durable and hard wearing plastic, although not terribly color-fast.
Thank you and hang in there. It took me 649 days to get my Bronco from the day I ordered it.

CentralFLBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

all of these things mentioned seem to be protectants, dressings, etc.
Ive not seen one mention about a product that "CLEANS" them prior to "dressing", "protecting" them.

First Name
Graydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just made a post about this and the method I used. I would suggest trying dish soap, water, and a sponge first to clean them and then apply a ceramic coating to keep them looking good. Coating plastic is super easy as you don’t need to buff anything and it should protect against chemical stains extremely well. My flares were stained pretty badly and turned out great. Shouldn’t have to reapply for a few years at least hopefully!
Ford Bronco Fender Flare Staining... AB016DDA-F21A-441D-A76A-E902690C1676
Sponsored

Last edited: