Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's $12 well spent for sure. Obviously some plastics take it better than others (that's what she said!), but if Bronco fenders are anywhere in the ballpark of what Jeep's been using, it will do you a treat.
If it works that well then “I’m never going to give it up”! Thanks Rick! 😉
Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a Project Farm fan boy and bought the Cerkote after watching the video months ago. I am impressed. I did my Toyota Highlander and wife’s Lincoln MKC. I’ve washed the Lincoln three times since then and the Highlander twice. It beads water and looks fantastic. Follow directions to the letter.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's pretty standard for that type of plastic to lose color quickly. A neighbor had his Wrangler parked outside for about 10 years. I did a single coat of Solution Finish just to drum up a detail job for fun one weekend and it was night and day difference. Lasted about 18 months before needing re-application. I'll still call that money/time well spent as it only takes seconds to apply.

Before:
sf-action-1[1].jpg

After:
sf-action-2[1].jpg

Side by side:
Sweet jaby beezus what did he do to the sides of that poor jeep?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sweet jaby beezus what did he do to the sides of that poor jeep?
Vinyl?

Look at how many forum members on here have inquired about a full car vinyl wrap. I'm sure somebody is going to go for a textured look at some time!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vinyl?

Look at how many forum members on here have inquired about a full car vinyl wrap. I'm sure somebody is going to go for a textured look at some time!
Did he have some left over after doing the floor in his house?

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is what I would suggest for actually penetrating the plastic and restoring the black color.
Rick....I'm planning to use their Over the Top....which would you recommend as a foundation? Thanks

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Rick....I'm planning to use their Over the Top....which would you recommend as a foundation? Thanks
How could there even be a question on this? Everyone knows and loves Over The Top!

Backwards trucker hat! (duh!)

https://theragcompany.com/products/solution-finish-over-the-top-plastic-sealer

Solution Finish Over the Top (OTT) Plastic Sealer is a long-term protectant for new and restored plastic trim. OTT was formulated to lock in the look of restored trim after using Solution Finish black or fusion grey. OTT can also be used as a standalone sealer for new or slightly faded plastic and rubber trim. This flexible thermoplastic sealer combines the ultimate in toughness ands UV resistance with a clear gloss seal. It dries to a durable coating that offers technologically advanced performance, without an artificial “wet look.” OTT can be used to protect bumpers, pads, trim, mirrors, mud flaps, window trim, seals, running boards, truck bed caps and covers, handles, wiper blades, etc.

• For a deeper look, OTT can be stacked on itself between cure times
  • We recommend 30 minutes of cure time between coats
    • No more than 3 coats total
  • Allow to cure for 12 hours before exposing to water

Uplander

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 U13
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's worth noting that every one of these products is a surface dressing and won't solve the problem in any way.

So grab the best one from the video and be impressed for the first hour!

This is what I would suggest for actually penetrating the plastic and restoring the black color.

This 1 oz bottle should be enough to do the flairs about a bajillion times over. A few drops of this stuff goes an insane distance. $12 well spent.

https://www.amazon.com/Solution-Finish-Black-Plastic-Restorer/dp/B006NZQ3T8/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=Solution+Finish+Black+Plastic+&+Vinyl+Plastic&qid=1632180425&s=automotive&sr=1-6

61AwVCCegiL._AC_SL1500_[1].jpg
Rick, dare I ask…

What would happen if one put this on the MIC top?

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I used very small font
yeah....I squinted my way thru that...saw its stackable...and I think from reading the bottle, 3-month protection.

Would you just keep applying OTT & hope you never need the Restorer?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
yeah....I squinted my way thru that...saw its stackable...and I think from reading the bottle, 3-month protection.

Would you just keep applying OTT & hope you never need the Restorer?
If it was me, and they say it's safe to top coat over their restorer, i'd use the restorer first, then top coat. Ultimately you're only out another $12, and that product is awesome on all your other cars plastics as well.

Clearly Ford's plastic isn't the best for the flares (as if it has to be, it's designed to take a beating, not look pretty), so darken it up first!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Rick, dare I ask…

What would happen if one put this on the MIC top?
No clue! Only one way to find out (don't blame me if it doesn't work!)

BTW: They make a new Grey color finish restorer.

https://www.autogeek.net/solution-finish-grey-trim-restorer.html

**Note: I haven't used this or ever seen the gray restorer product in use. The black solution finish does NOT work on gray plastics, it just makes it look a little shiny but does no color transfer. I tested this on a gray rear bumper from an MDX when a customer asked me to try. Total failure. I wiped it off the test piece immediately.