Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

haha!
Good catch - I was too excited to get them mounted and once I was done my girlfriend pointed out the very same thing. She made it out, but I kid you not the space between me hitting the ceiling and not was about 0.25"
Winning is winning... Doesn't matter if it's by a mile or a 1/4"!
👏👏👏👏👏
Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure I love the position the mount puts them at, but there are not currently many on the market so I’ll take what I can get. Anything to avoid the dreaded led light bars.

KCHilites; about $450
Universale bronco light bar mounts from ZroadZ; $125
E5C8773B-5EB4-4926-90B1-AA855C6F93BC.jpeg
47E92829-B1B2-41A4-B674-C1F0EECB1C30.jpeg
I like it a lot, but I’d be paranoid about going into park garages! I’d be curious about a lower-profile mount!

OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like it a lot, but I’d be paranoid about going into park garages! I’d be curious about a lower-profile mount!
Thought crossed my mind as well. There is an underground garage in Detroit that I occasionally use - that sasquatch on its own already comes close to the ceiling - not sure how this will go now!

JustJD

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, AMG C63S(RIP)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m digging the old school look of those safari lights(y)

OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For anyone who who wants to install roof lights, a few lessons learned.
1. Drilling the hole to access the pre ran wire is easy
2. If your bracket doesn’t have a hole to accommodate… we’ll you’re left with a sloppy look as I currently have. I plan on cleaning it up when it’s not freezing outside
3. In my experience taking the cap off of the sun visor mount SUCKED. Plastic got marred pretty good
4. The retainer for the visor mount is really easy to lose.. and I’ve lost mine. Now I need to Jerry rig something
Ford Bronco Finally got some old school safari style roof lights mounted 4259AA44-018A-426E-93CA-A1A949FE4CBB
Ford Bronco Finally got some old school safari style roof lights mounted 7AE236FA-334F-402F-AD59-FB5A28B4694A
Ford Bronco Finally got some old school safari style roof lights mounted EBB754F6-E8B1-4617-9AC2-961774117CF1
Ford Bronco Finally got some old school safari style roof lights mounted 33AA8275-B530-440E-A55A-995EEE4F3E9B

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You need a set of panel removal tools if your going to be modding! Access to the shop manual helps as well, so you know what your dealing with clip wise. Ladder or step stool should be on the shopping list as well. :p

TonySTL

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For anyone who who wants to install roof lights, a few lessons learned.
1. Drilling the hole to access the pre ran wire is easy
2. If your bracket doesn’t have a hole to accommodate… we’ll you’re left with a sloppy look as I currently have. I plan on cleaning it up when it’s not freezing outside
3. In my experience taking the cap off of the sun visor mount SUCKED. Plastic got marred pretty good
4. The retainer for the visor mount is really easy to lose.. and I’ve lost mine. Now I need to Jerry rig something
Ford Bronco Finally got some old school safari style roof lights mounted 33AA8275-B530-440E-A55A-995EEE4F3E9B
I just ordered the Apollo halogen KC lights and lightbar. Can you tell me if the lights are connected by wiring harnesses, or will splicing be required? I'm planning on wiring the lights to the pre-run wiring near the visor for the aux switch. Thanks!

OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just ordered the Apollo halogen KC lights and lightbar. Can you tell me if the lights are connected by wiring harnesses, or will splicing be required? I'm planning on wiring the lights to the pre-run wiring near the visor for the aux switch. Thanks!
they have multiple harnesses - you are going to want to splice into all of them if you use the pre-ran wire as I did.

Each pair of lights for my light bar had a hardness. I had to cut into all of them, wire them all together, create one singular positive and negative cable and then attach that to the pre-ran wire.

MikeStLouis

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
they have multiple harnesses - you are going to want to splice into all of them if you use the pre-ran wire as I did.

Each pair of lights for my light bar had a hardness. I had to cut into all of them, wire them all together, create one singular positive and negative cable and then attach that to the pre-ran wire.
Sam: Thanks a ton for all the info. The more I learn - the less i know……seems like the way of the world.
I keep reading that the pre-installed roof wire is TOO SMALL of gauge to run KC lights. That it is likely going to melt. Any thoughts?
I bought the KCs - but the 50” package. I HATE having wires show (and my wife will kill me 😂) so I hope there is an answer.

OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sam: Thanks a ton for all the info. The more I learn - the less i know……seems like the way of the world.
I keep reading that the pre-installed roof wire is TOO SMALL of gauge to run KC lights. That it is likely going to melt. Any thoughts?
I bought the KCs - but the 50” package. I HATE having wires show (and my wife will kill me 😂) so I hope there is an answer.
The people saying this likely are not electrical engineers.

source; an electrical engineer purposefully put that wire there for the exact purpose of running a light bar.

Reactions: Cat

Sponsored

MikeStLouis

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The people saying this likely are not electrical engineers.

source; an electrical engineer purposefully put that wire there for the exact purpose of running a light bar.
HAHA! Yep. That crossed my mind. But they say it is for those skinny LED bars….NOT the big KC bars.
I wish I knew more about all this.
thank!

TonySTL

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That was my concern, too. I noticed that the amp draw for all 6 halogens is about 50 amps. I thought the max amperage aux 1 switch could handle was 30 or 35. Is this where the relays on the KC harnesses come into play?

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Absolutely love this look. A couple of KC Rounds on a bull bar would make it complete.

TonySTL

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi Sam - I wired all of the KC Apollo lights together (I actually wired the 2 spotlights together to run on a separate aux switch), but wanted to know if you had to increase the size of the wire from the powered aux wire to the KC-provided relays. Thanks!
Sponsored