First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
One of our dealers actually has a manual mannequin. They were having a BS "will buy your old car at MSRP event" which I knew was BS, but it gave me an excuse to show the Bronco to the spouse.

4-door Cyber Orange Badlands, soft top. 33" wheels with bead locks.

Shifter feels just like the one in the Mustang (as expected)
Clutch feels a hair stiffer than the Mustang, which is good. Guessing it's a heavier helper spring.
Black MGV seats are the worst material I have ever seen in any vehicle; I can easily see getting 2nd degree burns from these things, worse than black leather. Wife found them uncomfortably hot and she was wearing blue jeans.

Cyber orange looks fantastic in the Arizona sun. I'll be switching once the order banks reopen (Forced change from Rapid Red)

Overall very small and cramped. Glad I ordered the 2-Door with the extra room up front. That B-pillar is a killer. I would hate this as a daily driver.

Sat in a Ranger as well (didn't drive it, because automatic *yuck*) but felt just as cramped with the B-pillar shoving into your left shoulder. Ranger is even tighter up front than the Bronco because of the goofy windshield angle.
Sponsored

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Finally got to play in a Stick Shift Opinion

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We just got a Ranger and it fits us perfect. The 2.3L engine and Auto drives really nice and is very responsive. It's freaking sweet.

I think you just have tall person problems and lack oxygen up there.
:p

OP
OP
AZ_Liberty

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you just have tall person problems and lack oxygen up there.
:p
I'm actually only 5'9

My wife didn't even notice the B-pillar, but she sits more upright, and doesn't like to drive with her arm on the window sill.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One of our dealers actually has a manual mannequin. They were having a BS "will buy your old car at MSRP event" which I knew was BS, but it gave me an excuse to show the Bronco to the spouse.

4-door Cyber Orange Badlands, soft top. 33" wheels with bead locks.

Shifter feels just like the one in the Mustang (as expected)
Clutch feels a hair stiffer than the Mustang, which is good. Guessing it's a heavier helper spring.
Black MGV seats are the worst material I have ever seen in any vehicle; I can easily see getting 2nd degree burns from these things, worse than black leather. Wife found them uncomfortably hot and she was wearing blue jeans.

Cyber orange looks fantastic in the Arizona sun. I'll be switching once the order banks reopen (Forced change from Rapid Red)

Overall very small and cramped. Glad I ordered the 2-Door with the extra room up front. That B-pillar is a killer. I would hate this as a daily driver.

Sat in a Ranger as well (didn't drive it, because automatic *yuck*) but felt just as cramped with the B-pillar shoving into your left shoulder. Ranger is even tighter up front than the Bronco because of the goofy windshield angle.
I’m 6’3, 300lbs and didn’t find it cramped at all. B pillar was no where near me.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

funny how opinions differ, I'm 6'3'' and have plenty room in the 4 door, super comfortable and I love the MGV, best from the 3 options I've tried so far. Drove a 4 Door Wildtrack for a test spin yesterday, 2.7 auto, that big thing is zippy!

Did not notice the B pillar at all, had my arm on the window sill, windows down, roof open, sunny day in NorCal. Very happy with what I'll be getting, BL with MGV (it's so nice and soft to the touch!) and 4 doors. Seem roomier than my 03 Tacoma too, not anywhere as cramped as a Wrangler.

But good you got to check it out in person, so you can adjust your order to your liking! I was a bit worried that I might not like something or other and I can't change anymore, since mine was built this week. I could not be happier with my selection. The leather in the Wildtrack was just meh to me. The seats are very comfortable though. I'm also glad I don't get electric seats, they take too long to adjust for my taste.

OP
OP
AZ_Liberty

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love the MGV, best from the 3 options I've tried so far.
It was only around 102 here today. I can't even imagine how hot the MGV would be in the middle of summer when it's 116-118.

The dealer I ordered through has a Wildtrack mannequin with space gray cloth. (weird but true) Much cooler in summer.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took a test drive in a 4-door 2.3 manual Bronco. I'm 6'1" and there is a ton of room in there. Should be the same for the 2-door that I'll be getting - someday. The clutch engaged way too close to the floor on the one that I drove. Took me a few tries to adapt to it. Then when I got back in my Mustang I was all screwed up on the engagement on that for a while.

I liked the transmission and shifter, but the Base Sasquatch that I'm ordering doesn't offer the manual as a choice. My wife prefers to drive an automatic, anyway.
Sponsored