Sponsored

Finally heard from Ford about my Bronco Raptor!

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Finally heard from Ford about my Bronco Raptor! IMG_1224

Looks like a pre “Too bad, so sad” letter from Ford. So much for being “picked” to buy a Bronco Raptor.
Just to add some context, other than the Raptor Off Rodeo and order confirmation, this is the only email I have received from Ford regarding my Bronco Raptor order, which is more communication I have received from the dealer.
Sponsored

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s messed up, especially since there are “dealer ordered” ones popping up at dealers. Of course marked up by $20K…

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Bummer & sorry to hear of your misfortune. When did you place your order?

I ordered 4/2 and I am scheduled for week of 9/4

22MavXLT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 22 Maverick XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yup, got the same email today. The one we ordered back in March has increased in price almost $9000 since ordering. I am gonna hate to see how much more it goes up by the time it actually gets here.

• Wow
Reactions: LCW
OP
OP
TrailRaider

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3/11/22 then reorder 11/22

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailRaider

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s messed up, especially since there are “dealer ordered” ones popping up at dealers. Of course marked up by $20K…
Unfortunately, dealers got to pick which Bronco Raptors got built, and as expected (in many dealers) they always choose the ones they will make the most money on.

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately, dealers got to pick which Bronco Raptors got built, and as expected (in many dealers) they always choose the ones they will make the most money on.
There’s 2 at my local dealer where I just bought my 2dr Badlands. They are 100K sticker with 20K markup. White one and Azure one.

OP
OP
TrailRaider

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s 2 at my local dealer where I just bought my 2dr Badlands. They are 100K sticker with 20K markup. White one and Azure one.
Yep, the dealer where I bought my Badlands had 4 Raptors on the lot, plus a "used" one. All with minimum 20K markup. I'm not mad at the dealers for playing the game where the Raptor is concerned. Ford was the ones that made the rules, and those rules played squarely into the hands of the dealers.

Reactions: LCW

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, the dealer where I bought my Badlands had 4 Raptors on the lot, plus a "used" one. All with minimum 20K markup. I'm not mad at the dealers for playing the game where the Raptor is concerned. Ford was the ones that made the rules, and those rules played squarely into the hands of the dealers.
Yeah sadly.

I did sit in one while I was waiting for the paperwork on my BL. VERY nice. The materials are definitely up a notch vs the regular ones. The seats and steering wheel were particularly nice. Guess that’s what double the price of a “regular”. Bronco gets you. 😉

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Well I received this same email and took delivery of my Bronco on 7/10 so I wouldn't put too much stock into this auto-generated email.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailRaider

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, got the same email today. The one we ordered back in March has increased in price almost $9000 since ordering. I am gonna hate to see how much more it goes up by the time it actually gets here.
Price hikes suck, but what can you do, other than not buy it. When I ordered in March '22, my build was about $75,500. Now it is $94,775 MSRP. I have a better chance of winning the lottery then my dealer honoring any price protection. At this point in time, I'm hoping it does not get built, for my own personal selfish reasons.

22MavXLT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 22 Maverick XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Price hikes suck, but what can you do, other than not buy it. When I ordered in March '22, my build was about $75,500. Now it is $94,775 MSRP. I have a better chance of winning the lottery then my dealer honoring any price protection. At this point in time, I'm hoping it does not get built, for my own personal selfish reasons.
I feel ya, when we ordered in March of this year we were at $86,415 which was bad enough. Now it is over $94K and nothing has changed. I hope ours don't get built either to be honest. I can't justify that kind of money for any Ford product. Let alone one that is gonna sit in the garage 95% of the time since my wife now works from home.

StevieWonder

Black Diamond
First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3/27 OG Order now 2024 Cactus Grey Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah…I have a BD on order with zero constraints and it still hasn’t been picked up lol and the dealer “says they have allocation” ..dunno what to believe

BDrool

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2013 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

DANG!!! I ordered 7 FEB and just scheduled for week of 9/4...

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Definitely frustrated here. I got the same form email today. I ordered back in Jan from a very large volume dealer who claimed to have allocations. They either did and sold them to folks willing to pay ADM or didn't even have any. Either way seems clear they lied.

I suppose there may be a few weeks or maybe even months left of scheduling in which I could get an allocation and VIN, but dealer already said they suspect it will have to be reordered as a '24 with $10k+ of non-protected price increases.
Sponsored