JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Quick update; I was interviewed for a local YouTuber's channel. I think it turned out pretty good. There's a quick demo of the top, the table, and a look at the cargo enclosure. Thanks Wally!
Nicely done on the video. Congratulations on the new ride!
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe you answered this and I did not understand. If you open the tailgate, can you pop the soft top rear clamshell and also lift the lid of the enclosure? Does that do anything for access?

RSalami

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder how that rear paint issue passed quality control at ford, they have human eyes on that stuff for decades. It's not hidden either...

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Quick update; I was interviewed for a local YouTuber's channel. I think it turned out pretty good. There's a quick demo of the top, the table, and a look at the cargo enclosure. Thanks Wally!
Awesome! Love how folks pulling up and videoing your rig while you are doing the interview...I do wish the host would have had a mic for you. A couple of times I could not hear what you said...very cool though and beautiful rig.

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe you answered this and I did not understand. If you open the tailgate, can you pop the soft top rear clamshell and also lift the lid of the enclosure? Does that do anything for access?
There’s a pic/comment noting that the rod propping up the rear clamshell interferes with the ability to open the cargo lid.

He mentioned that with the soft top on, you’d have to open the tailgate and prop the rear clamshell up without the rod in order to lift the cargo lid itself.

Sounds like a pain — def one of those design flaws that should have been thought out better! Given the price difference between the raised lid and fixed lid, I’d expect more practical functionality than it currently does — apparently the ability to open a lid is enough criteria to call it “Deluxe”…

OP - thanks for sharing this, it probably spared me some buyer’s remorse and saved me some money.

Sponsored

papsblue

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seeing these pics with my non-SAS VB BL scheduled....
i-really-screwed-up-didnt-i.gif

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It would be great if they (Tuffy?) had a similar option that’s essentially a lockable raised and/or removable lid —sitting on top of/within a flat lid that operates like the current product.

This would add the function of being able to secure & access the cargo area from the topside with the tailgate closed. The top lid would be ~1.5-2” smaller all the way around and include an integrated keyed lock.

But you’d still have the option of opening the tailgate & lifting the entire topside for bigger items (like the current product). This would likely require that portion of the lid to be connected to the seatside panel via hinge(s). Of course, all of the steel would need to be reinforced to a degree.

It would also be great if they made installation / removal of the entire unit more user friendly (without sacrificing anything important).

OP
OP
stuston

stuston

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, 7.3L Excursion, Multiple TDI's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how that rear paint issue passed quality control at ford, they have human eyes on that stuff for decades. It's not hidden either...
It happened at the dealer while installing the accessory table. Dealer is fixing it this week. I wasn't willing to give it back to them until now.

RSalami

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It happened at the dealer while installing the accessory table. Dealer is fixing it this week. I wasn't willing to give it back to them until now.
Thank god, hate to think it was MAP, I would have said ford is going to route of Tesla in quality

broncoCT

Big Bend
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is a fantastic review - thanks for that. Great eye catching the table screws going too far - that is a BIG GREMLIN and so many people will benefit from knowing that could occur. The table is on my list of wants.

I also really appreciate your review of the cargo box. I am going soft top here as well and security is always a concern. I looked at the box from the pictures on the accessory site but the things you pointed out are only something full hands on could figure out.

Looks great! Congrats and have fun!
Have you considered the fixed lid cargo area enclosure? Based on the lid review here, I'm wondering if the fixed lid might work better with the soft-top? I only have the soft-top, and I love having the rear/side windows out, but am looking for a bit of security

https://accessories.ford.com/compartment-asy-rear-stowage-vm2dz-78115a00-c.html#2021/Bronco

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you considered the fixed lid cargo area enclosure? Based on the lid review here, I'm wondering if the fixed lid might work better with the soft-top? I only have the soft-top, and I love having the rear/side windows out, but am looking for a bit of security

https://accessories.ford.com/compartment-asy-rear-stowage-vm2dz-78115a00-c.html#2021/Bronco
I am at the same decision point, this is what I intend to use my FordPass points towards. I can't decide between the security drawer (which absolutely won't hold a backpack) and these enclosures. I'm inclined to go for the deluxe one, because down the road I will be getting a hard top to replace the soft top.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering the same. Basically, how hard is it to remove the fixed lid?
That is a great point. Like @stuston said, if the lid was detachable it'd be pretty amazing. I need to move a pinball machine once a year and it'd be nice if I didn't have to remove the entire cage to do it.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I gave Tuffy a call. The fixed lid is not removable. The deluxe lid SHOULD be. @stuston can you give us a photo from the bottom looking up at the hinges and the grooves this guy just described to me? The Jeep versions are removable.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I gave Tuffy a call. The fixed lid is not removable. The deluxe lid SHOULD be. @stuston can you give us a photo from the bottom looking up at the hinges and the grooves this guy just described to me? The Jeep versions are removable.
Thanks for the legwork. Probably gonna be deluxe lid for me then.
Sponsored