wolfman064

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Land Rover Discovery TD6
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The navy pier isn’t that much lighter in color so as to alleviate the heat issue, and neither is cooled.
I think it will make a difference, I’m just trying to figure out if it’s worth it!
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As the former owner of a 2019 well-specced JLU (heated seats, adaptive CC, etc.), it’s insane how terrible the Jeep looks compared to the Bronco.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I struggle with this. Black looks beautiful. We live in south Texas and black interiors in my Raptor or my wife’s sedan are fine. BUT, we had a wrangler with black leather. If we drove somewhere with the top off, in 30 minutes or less they would get so hot it would burn your legs. It was unbearable for our younger kids riding in the back. That’s why I’m torn between the two color selections for a LB FE.
Both great points. I live in Georgia and I can definitely say that we will keep some type of solid cover over our Broncos during the summer. I can see having an open air experience, but covered.

We are getting the black interior and the Modular Hard top with a flip back soft top on the first row. We will run the front row open with windows down and clam shell glass removed a majority of the time. If it is to hot we will close it up and crank the AC.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't read the 10 pages that accumulated in 6 hours, but man, that simple black interior looks sooooo much better than Navy Pier when paired with the Lightning Blue exterior. (y)

If you are ordering the LB color, you'll just have to sit tight and wait for the good stuff.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Very nice. Makes me wish I were getting a FE. I'm a sucker for an all black interior. I was worried they'd do something funky with the dash, but I'm glad to see it looking sharp, too.
Oh man, I was SO worried they were going to replace the silver dash with black. Seeing it is still silver just sealed the deal for me. I'm happy.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Props to Ford for changing it. How hard was it to have this option from the start?! And on other trims!!! I hope Missy and the higher ups that approved it learned their lesson for MY22.

10 pages of glee for plain black because most of the other options were awful or too restrictive

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
my dealer said earliest build will be in September with the black when discussing my order today. Guess that puts earliest delivery in October?

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Second best interior available on the Bronco. Just behind the Badlands MGV?
I'm actually partial to the Black Diamond MGV. I like the space gray with black and blue accent stitching. Would go well with Carbonized Gray. As I really want Rapid Red though, the Space Gray / Black MGV with neutral grey (or red) stitching and accents is most ideal. Hell, why we're all dreaming, why don't we install a fold down armrest with cup holders in with the MGV as well so my kid has somewhere to put his drink.

JakeLucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Turbo T-Bird, Q50, ‘74 Corvette, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is perfect. Can't please everyone I guess. Living in Southern California I just throw a towel on the seat when i know its going to be super hot? Helps with wear and tear too?

Are people going to complain they get swamp ass on hot days from a leather interior as well?

I do the towel thing with my black leather in my Q50 and my cloth seats in my company F150. Both get hot. I just toss a big white towel over the seat and a sun shade on the windshield.

If you close your eyes and touch the seats, I doubt that you could feel much, if any, temperature difference between dark blue, dark brown and black.

Regarding swamp ass from leather vs cloth. It’s a polyester type material, not exactly absorbent. It’s not like terrycloth. They both get hot and it’s not like the cloth interior soaks up sweat like a friggin diaper.